1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Displays Here's a few pics, as promised of my triple monitor setup 1x30" 2x20"

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Guest-44432, 22 Dec 2009.

1. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

As Ati eyefinity does not work yet for my setup, I have been using softTH to get the 3 screens to run games.

Hope you enjoy,

Simon ;)

Last edited by a moderator: 22 Dec 2009
  2. D-Cyph3r

D-Cyph3r Gay for Yunosuke

NOICE! Never seen a screen setup like that before (2 smaller monitors on their sides) but it looks freaking sweet man!

I'd be lying if I said I hadn't had thoughts of selling my 24" screen and getting 3 decent 22"ers and a 5800, but i'd also be lying if I said I had either the money to buy it or time to use it enough to justify it. :/

3. Edge102030

Edge102030 Son, i am disappoint.

Sweet setup man, must be fantastic playing with such a beautiful panorama of screens. What hardware is feeding them?

4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

whats games have you managed to run cause softTH doesnt have a massive support list ?

5. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Current rig:

QX9650 watercooled, overclocked @ 4ghz
    Gigabyte X48 DS4 mobo
    8gb 800mhz Corsair dhx 4 4 4 12
    2x Asus 5870 cf (not in crossfire for playing games above 2560x1600 as eyefinity does not support my setup yet)
    Asus Xonar D2X 7.1 sound card
    2x 1tb Samsung Spinpoint f1 HDD in Raid 0
    Coolermaster m1000w PSU
    Coolermaster RC1000 Case

30" 3008wpf + 2x 20" p2010h monitors in portrait

G25 steering wheel
    MX3200 mouse and keyboard
    Xbox 360 controller
    X540 5.1 Surround Speakers

6. [KNIGHT]

[KNIGHT] What's a Dremel?

Great computer setup.

And y wont ATUI eyefinity work on that system?

7. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Call of duty 4 and 5 (Modern warfare 2 does not run)
    Test Drive unlimited
    Tom Clancy's Rainbow six vegas 2
    RFactor
    Grid
    Frontlines fuel of war
    Oblivion

That's it so far, been to busy to try crysis, farcry etc. But as soon as I get around to it, I will let you know.

sothTH does not support dx10 or dx11 yet so can't test it on any of those games.

Hopefully ATI will update there eyefinity drivers to support my screen setup. then i can play my games with crossfire enabled.

8. adam_bagpuss

eyefinity does not allow portrait landscape mixing you can only have 1 or the other

9. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

That is right at this moment in time. But it can be a quick fix for Ati to support this, as most peeps don't have the room to run 3x24" let alone 3x30" monitors.

Lets keep my fingers cross.;)

10. adam_bagpuss

yeah hopefully may give it a look then but not at the min cant justify the cost lol

11. Gareth24

Gareth24 Folding = vdubs

Nice setup :D I can wish......

12. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Thank you.

13. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

I run a tri screen setup myself also that I like to use for gaming, however found that not many games natively support it, so would run most games in windowed mode across the 3 screens.
    Some games support dragging the window across the desktop natively, where as others have locked resolutions whiole in windowed mode, for which i simply used the Matrox TripplHead2Go software which patches game .exes to run larger resolutions while in windowed mode.

This softTH looks quite interesting, and something I shall give a play with later tonight :)

My 3x22w"
    Some screenies form an online game of Sin Of A Solar Empire
    Inside the system (spec in sig)

Last edited: 23 Dec 2009
  14. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

Hi,

With the sothTH I did find some games were hard to get running like Test Drive Unlimited. It would sometimes take 6 attempts to get the game started as it would crash.

The work around it is to config the sothTH config file by inputing your resolution and enabling some of the commands etc.

Games like Rainbowsix vegas 2 ran flawlessly with no hiccups.

So please keep us informed of how you find it and what games you have tried on it.

Simon

15. Delphium

So, oblivian kind of worked, the 2 side screens displayed the softTH logo and the center screen was rendering a larger image, but nothing on the sides :(

Just tried this with borderlands (steam edition) and again this has worked to strech the image across all the screens, however the bottom part of the game is missing, ie the HUD for health etc... its as if the game has been rendered at the wise screen res, but has kkept its image ratio, thus the bottom half of the game is cut off.

Continues tinkering with it.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 23 Dec 2009
  16. Guest-44432

Guest-44432 Guest

You do have a super wide setup of 5760 pixels but not much height of only 1080. Where i'm not stretching the picture as much because I have the height for it.
    Oblivion worked fine across my 3 screens.
    Why not try with your monitors in portrait mode if its possible that way your res will be 3240x1920 which will give you a better image.

But like you have said it is continues tinkering with some games to get the best effects.

I got crysis to work on it earlier but with only using 1 gpu and with the ultra high config setting at 4360x1600 but this was in window mode and had to add these commands in crysis(r_width = 4360/ r_height = 1600) it struggled to get 10fps lol, on medium setting it was 30+fps

Simon

17. Delphium

:jawdrop: OMG I actually have this wokring with a load of my games now!!

Running fine without issue for the ebst part, borderlands is a bit troublesome... or rather the unreal 3 engine is, but the source engine works very well... L4D2 :jawdrop: I think I just.

Thanks for the heads up with this software, its rather dope!

Last edited: 24 Dec 2009
  18. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

FYI: Catalyst 9.12 allows you Eyefinity CrossFire.

19. rolly74

rolly74 Digital Marionette

that's awesome, whats with the wierd resolution? 2592x1944? I can't figure out how you got that. The screen shots look beautiful though, I'd love to get an Eyefinity, someday...

20. Delphium

I beleive thats just the resolution of the camera, not the actuall desktop pixel resolution.

After further testing, I now have Oblivion, TF2, L4D and L4D2 working flawlessly :D