Playstation 3 High Resolution PS3 Game Screens.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by DivineSin, 7 Dec 2005.

1. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

2. hitman012

hitman012 Minimodder

:jawdrop: @ Formula 1

3. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: WOW :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
    I'm loving the tekken gfx :jawdrop: :
    [​IMG]

4. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Rapidshare sucks balls to be honest

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

big hairy bean bags....

also i bet a fiver that the ps3 gfx will never end up as these screenshots do...remeber what happened with the ps2??

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Aww wow, a pre-rendered tech demo that has absoultely nothing to do with the console itself. How.. unrealistic.

7. DivineSin

Who is to say that that is pre-rendered? MGS4 is not pre-rendered and has -alittle- subpar graphics than that, but were comparing a highly detailed game that requires countless enemies on the screen to a fighting game that requires 2 enemies and a background. :sigh:

Edit: Oh and if you could point me to a better place that allows both .rar and atleast 15megs of upload space to -free- i would like to see it. I tried to get it on a public tracker but couldnt get it to work, only use to uploading torrents to private trackers.

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It is prerendered because the PS3 hardware isnt avaliable yet.
    I dont trust 'out till I see the final product.

9. DivineSin

The development kits are out though...How do you think every other game (such as MGS4 and even killzone, even though that was sped up) previews were being produced?

10. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

There is no NV processor out, they arent using ACTUAL PS3 HARDWARE. I dont care about pre-fabs.

11. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Word up.

PS3 could be cool, but until I see someone actually playing a game, I'll reserve judgement until then.

12. Nottheking

Nottheking What's a Dremel?

Such is the miracle of scalable graphics; you can load a ludicrously high-detailed version of the meshes, textures, and shaders when you've got a scene were you only have one or two people on-screen, so you can zoom in for what you would consider "jaw-dropping" imagery, while when you get more on screen, you cut down the detail level so it can still be rendered in real-time; most people won't notice that you've cut detail by about 75%.

It's not to diss the graphics of any console, but just to let you know, hardware has its limits, and just because "they're Sony" or "they're Microsoft" or "they're Nintendo" doesn't make them exempt; they don't have some sort of "magic wand" that allows their hardware to render what you see close-up constantly, at distance, with hundreds or thousands of instances simultaneously.

13. Hamish

Hamish What's a Dremel?

qft

14. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Not to mention most of the tech demos tend to be "it can render this single image, so we'll do it a few hundred times and run it at TV speeds for a lovely three second demo that took an hour to render"

I'll go back to not caring, and lowing my trust in sony by that much more.

15. riggs

riggs ^_^

Oooh, wow! The PS3 is gonna kick ass! Just look at those incredible graphics! Wow! I can't beleive Sony have managed to create visuals that look 'pre-rendered'!

Wow!

:rolleyes:

Pre-PS2 stylee hype anyone?

16. DivineSin

Yes wow, all you have to do is check out metal gear solid 4, it looks better than most of the games previewed and it isnt pre-rendered. So whats to say that any of the other games cant look as good?

17. atanum141

one thing that trully pisses me off about the console..is that they spec out the machine when they showcased it...but now..without much people noticing they are removing bits from the machine...im sure...about only half of the original spec will be left....

i'd even strech to say blu-ray may not even be on the final machine...such sony has the tendancy for dis-honesty...even the router feature..which was "pimped" as a big feature is not being included on....

sony are really killing them-self..but im sure the mass majority will buy it...

also i would even trust sony with ANY sort of pre-view....you just cant trust them...

its their hype/marketing machine which easilly beats anything out there...even micro$ofts....

i dont care what anyone says those are pre-renders....

18. DivineSin

MGS4 is not a pre-render, but yea. The only feature thats been taken off the ps3 is an included HD and that router function, both of which would of priced the console at probably around 500+ retail. What exactly have they taken off that matters?

19. atanum141

i really bet that none of the early games..will look like what they were supposed to...only late -on in the consoles life will they look anything like that were "showcased" as.....

sony are the biggest liars in the whole electronic's industry.....non-of the ps2 games looked ANYTING like they were shown...only in the last year or 2 they have been improving alot....

20. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

I'm actually suprised by the amount of negative thoughts people (not just here at bit) have about PS3. Everyone was EXTREMELY positive about the 360, but the buzz around the PS3s abilities seems to be so negative. But I guess it is Sony's fault for hyping up the PS2 so much, among countless other things which have made people distrust them.

But instead of saying "Bah, all these screens are just pre-rendered crap that'll never happen!", why don't we say "wow, if that is possible it sure would be amazing!" Take the "glass is half full" aproach.

But again, I can't blame anyone for not liking Sonys press spin.