1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reviews Hitman 2 Review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by bit-tech, 16 Nov 2018.

1. bit-tech

bit-tech Supreme Overlord Lover of bit-tech Administrator

Read more

2. lacuna

lacuna Minimodder

Never played Hitman but I'm pretty sure I would rage quit within the first hour since my approach to all games is to 'Doomguy' my way through until I'm stopped, at which point I find a bigger gun and try again.

3. Anfield

Anfield Multimodder

Yep, that series is 100% definitely not for you then.

4. Hustler

Hustler Minimodder

Stealth games....Marmite.

I personally loathe them, I think its an age thing, as you get older your attention span levels just drop away and the idea of 'trial & error' rinse & repeat levels just seem tedious and the 'life's too short for this' feeling kicks in.

5. DeckerdBR

DeckerdBR Minimodder

Nice review but... how-come you did not cover the fact that owners of Hitman 2016 get all the original maps remastered and imported into the new Hitman 2 2018, with all the new features (like picture in picture) added?
    That's pretty important.

There are other things we could talk about, like its DRM Denovou, which was apparently cracked on day 1 of the gold edition early launch while all the paying customer for both Standard and Silver editions of the game had to wait another 4 day...urg. But I won't hold your feet to the fire over that, as I get why you might choose to shy away from that subject and i'm sure Jim Sterling will cover that mess anyway. :S

Last edited: 17 Nov 2018
  6. Omnislip

Omnislip Minimodder

I'm not sure how much this is a "stealth" game and how much it is a "wear the right disguise" game. I didn't find the previous instalment to have much rinse & repeating except on one specific level. And because there are always so many options for making the kill, you can quite comfortably choose easier directions (though these are often not the most satisfying).

7. fix-the-spade

fix-the-spade Multimodder

There is nothing to stop you going full Doomguy in Hitman, in fact the game even has a kill everyone challenge, which means racking up hundreds of kills in a level.

You will of course get a pathetically bad score at the end of each level, but it can be hilarious to end up wading through henchmen like bald John Wick as the target(s) race for the exit.

8. Zak33

Zak33 Staff Lover of bit-tech Administrator

i'm 90% with you. I don't loathe them, but I do feel your pain at not having the time at all.

I completed both Thief and Thief2 on the hardest eventually... and I loved those challenges....but now I have a challenge getting half an hour in front of my PC to game at all. Sad old world

Tags: Add Tags