1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Home-brew ramsinks :: phlux

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Cheese, 3 Dec 2002.

1. Cheese

Cheese Doc

DBS really needs a better camera, someone send him one! :)

{param}

"After a few hours of freaking out I realized that it was the ram on this card that was overheating, it was getting very hot (burn your finger, curse and jump around hot) so I threw into action something I'd been longing to do since I bought the card, ramsinks. Since the warranty was up, the card was fair game."

Linkie.

2. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

Thanks cheese, are you forwarding donations. I feel happy!!!!
    Ive actually got new pics from my dads "new" 1.33 MP kodak, just need to do some finagling...

3. Cheese

Cheese Doc

Why yes of course :D Anyone wishing to donate money to DBS should send it to me, then yes I will forward it on! Great plan :)

Nice to know you've got your hands on a better camera, there's nothing worse than good work smeared out by crappie pics :)

Rob.

4. Digitalblueshift

Digitalblueshift What's a Dremel?

follow the linkie in my siggy, and browse about, only a few new pics, but better than the bidcaps...

5. sailor

sailor What's a Dremel?

I did something similar last year with an mx400 card it was a nasty generic thing and I couldn't squeeze anything more out of it so I chopped up some old heatsink from an old power board.

After attaching to the rams using thermal epoxy (and taking a chunk out of my dining table with the hacksaw !) I fired it up.

:rolleyes: Not 1 solitary extra megahert could I get! Bit of a bugger really but it looked better LOL.

It's still running solitaire at ridiculous framerates in my mum's pc.

Tags: Add Tags