1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Home Security Camera ?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by stephen0205, 14 Jun 2021.

1. creative

creative 500rwhp

haha... I agree!

personally, I too looked into this and ended up with a full hikvision system from work that we upgraded. I personally didnt want to use the hikvision app and nvr so hooked everything into shinobi running on my unraid server and use the app 'peek' ( im on android) to view the cameras. To look remotely I just openvpn to home and view. Will be looking at running this all through a browser when I can be bothered to set it up...

2. ModSquid

ModSquid Multimodder

Agreed! I didn't look at any of the posting dates when this popped up on the New Posts section and have been trying to digest it all as it's the next project I need to undertake....with little to no knowledge of most of the things mentioned.

I'm going to scrape as much as I can from these (very informative) posts and either start a new thread or necro this one (again) when the time comes to get my kit in. I think I need to figure out whether the connections from my existing cameras can be used to mount new ones, or whether the technology has moved on, because I'm loathe to start recabling everything myself.

Arboreal likes this.