News Homefront PC has exclusive features, 3D

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 31 Jan 2011.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. wyx087

wyx087 Multimodder

helicopter practice mode, now that's what BFBC2 needs!

3. Zurechial

Zurechial Elitist

Sounds good. This game is getting more interesting as time goes by.

4. DbD

DbD Minimodder

If they are making the extra effort to do these sort of things then that's very encouraging.

5. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

its all coming back around, console gamers are starting to buy pc's and console games are starting to look like turd. PC will be popular for a few years while we wait for new consoles, you can see it in all sorts of things such as microsofts recent statements etc

6. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

are you friggin kidding me all that stuff should be in the game anyway for PC - marketing BS wins again.(muppet 1) "hey guys you know all the PC commands and features that are in every other PC game, lets market them as exclusives for our game" (muppet 2) "Brilliant".

7. scott_chegg

scott_chegg Minimodder

It's gone from the UK steam store. Still listed in US store. I'm hoping we're aren't going to have a repeat of the Blur sheenanigans and it'll be available via steam in the uk from launch.

8. murraynt

murraynt Modder

There is quite a difference between a 260GTX and a 4850. Should be a 4870 for recommended spec really.

9. Mr_Armageddon

Mr_Armageddon Minimodder

+1
    I pre-ordered this game on Steam which comes with a Attack Drone unlock. Hopefully with the practice mode I will actually be able to fly it, unlike in BFBC2 where I have the hardest time controlling the stupid drones.

10. frontline

frontline Punish Your Machine

The 4850 wasn't that far off the 260 in a number of games, and is probably the minimum recommended on the Radeon side:

From bit-tech's summer 2008 roundup:

11. Krayzie_B.o.n.e.

Krayzie_B.o.n.e. What's a Dremel?

Homefront PC has exclusive features................ Keyboard and mouse support, AWESOME!!

Is it just me or did these clowns list all the STANDARD PC features as Exclusives? I rather they just come out and say that the PC version is a straight console port with KB/M support instead of trying to perform some Tom Foolery against PC gamers.

12. Mentai

Mentai What's a Dremel?

I would say that helicopter feature is worth touting for PC. I'm pretty sure the consoles just get rookie mode, so they can't perform awesome maneuvers.

13. Mraedis

Mraedis Minimodder

The helicopters are easy to fly anyway, unlike BFBC2. :p

14. DJDevon3

DJDevon3 What's a Dremel?

I'm really disappointed that there isn't co-op. Co-Op is in high demand and will ensure the game has a much longer shelf life. They missed a HUGE opportunity there, HUGE. The only good co-op FPS right now is the L4D series. So many of these new games coming out are completely bypassing a profitable market share of co-op players.

It's a little frustrating because there are plenty of friends who would love to play co-op on some of these major titles single player components. These sentiments seem to be resonating on their forums and even other forums like EA, Activision, Steam, etc.. Gamers want co-op to play with their friends in a much more fun and relaxed atmosphere instead of the stress of online play.

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

as much as im interested in this game, it will be crushed by BF3 by Fall this year...............

Tags: Add Tags