1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photos Honeymoon

Discussion in 'Photography, Art & Design' started by Comfyasabadger, 29 Dec 2011.

1. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Hi Guys,

Not long got back from my Honeymoon in Finland and thought I might post a couple of pictures.
    I took about 500 photos and about 480 of them are trash :D
    This is my first camera and first attempt at photography so please be gentle.

After having so many rubbish pictures I might try using the manual focus instead of the auto.
    And most of my night shots are complete rubbish as my camera only has an LCD screen, which makes viewing what you want to photography very hard, I some how don't think the misses will let me spend any more money on a new camera just yet.

[​IMG]
    Mrs and Aurora by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Saariselkä by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Lighting the Way by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Snow by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    A Very Big House in the Country by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Fire by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Huskies by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    North Star above Saariselkä by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Christmas Bangs by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr
    [​IMG]
    Christmas Bangs by Comfyasabadger, on Flickr

P.S. Does anyone know of a contraption that can be attached to a Camera to allow proper use of the BULB setting?
    My NEX-C3 will only allow pressing of the shoot button, so if I shake the camera shakes.

2. yassarikhan786

yassarikhan786 Ultramodder(Not)

Everything looks so amazing in the photos, so it must be uber amazing in real life :D

3. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

North Star pic is absolutely BRILLIANT mate! Just made it the wallpaper on my phone. Hope you and the girl had a great time!

4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Some lovely looking pics, very jealous!

5. Rhydian

Rhydian What's a Dremel?

Wow you must've been having a really good time every day to take 500 photos :D

6. Comfyasabadger

Comfyasabadger What's a Dremel?

Thanks Guys, I'm very pleased with these.
    We had an amazing time over the past two weeks, it's going to be weird getting back to reality.

But I think I've now got a photography itch, can't wait to get out doors and do more.

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Many of those are pretty tourist-ey, but I'm sure they'll be a great memory for you.. For example look at the huskies-shot, it's taken from eye-level, the cropping isn't there (see the nose of a third dog, clipping the foot of left, etc).

Then again right after that one comes the north star, which IMO is easily the best one of these and also damn good overall. I think this one highlights the limitations of your gear, but if it wasn't for the technical problems, I'd really like this one.

Glad to hear you liked it! I'm from northern Finland and it's always nice to hear what people think of the place :)

8. DanSonley

DanSonley What's a Dremel?

North Star above Saariselkä is really nice. love it :3