1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs How big is your radiator?

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 1 Mar 2009.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Kylevdm

Kylevdm The Mod Zoo Podcast Host

I got an email from thermochill almost a year back saying that they were working on new radiator designs and therefore were not offering sponsorship nice to see a new radiator finally

3. knuck

knuck Hate your face

I am a big choker when it comes to watercooling. I spent years reading about it (from 2000 to 2005) but never had the cash or the balls to do it :hehe:

I am now done with college and will get a real job soon. I also bought the new Phenom II X2 720 Black Edition yesterday so i guess a good watercooling could be very interesting and I could actually afford it this time !

4. Combatus

Combatus Bit-tech Modding + hardware reviews Lover of bit-tech Super Moderator

LOL @ "get a real job soon". We all come to that stage after college/uni. Hmm yeah I guess I should actually get a job now! Damn those were the days! The first job usually sucks too! Still I can think of nothing better to spend your first pay cheque on than a load of water-cooling gear! ;-)

5. knuck

knuck Hate your face

well it will certainly be better paid than the 8.50/hour that I had at Microbytes ... I mean I only made about 500$ a month with that. There is no way that I will not get more than that now that I am not in college at the same time so I guess whatever pays more than before will be good for a first job :)

6. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Hm, the new PA140.3 looks to have gone to 15mm fan spacing too. Interesting.

I snagged both a 240 and 360 XSPC RX rad a few weeks ago. Haven't messed with them, but looking forward to it.

Edit: Looks to be 16 or 17mm spacing on the PA140.3 due to the fan size increase. I'm looking forward to seeing these beasts in action!

Last edited: 1 Mar 2009
  7. phuzz

phuzz This is a title

My first job after uni was building PCs, which quickly became dull as fk but it did provide me with plenty of spare parts.
    Anyway, I'm planning on water cooling my current rig sometime this year, I'm going to go for a whole new case so I can install the rads etc. in my own time. So my choice of rad is going to depend on which case I eventually go for, but at the moment I was thinking about a CM690 and a 2x120 in the roof...

8. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

While I am sure it is going to be impressive results wise, I am quite disappointed that they didn't come up with an innovative way to improve the dissipation, rather than just make everything bigger.

Hell no would I mount that on my case. In fact, hell no to ever mounting a radiator externally.

9. naokaji

naokaji whatever

There is still only exactly one case (cosmos s) that can fit a 360 rad (excluding Mountain Mods due to avalaibility outside of us) without modding, so really, feser is nuts for releasing such a oversize rad.

just my 2 cents.

10. Skiddywinks

Skiddywinks Minimodder

Usually all that is required is removing a few useless pieces of metal and drilling some holes for mounting, so the modding is usually pretty minor (I have the Cosmos S btw, love it. Got a BI GTX 360 in there as we speak).

That thing, however, I expect just straight up won't fit in anything. Short of tearing a side off.

11. WhiskeyAlpha

WhiskeyAlpha What's a Dremel?

True, but MM cases aren't that hard to get hold of in the UK ;)

12. Ironpipe

Ironpipe What's a Dremel?

I have been using 2X140 fans on a self maid system. It is totally enclosed in a COOLER MASTER Stacker 830 Evolution. I can add or remove any of 3 cooling lines to Ram, CPU or Video Card in seconds. Run Prime95 OC E6600 to 4.1 Ghz and never exceed 45o C.

13. Ironpipe

Ironpipe What's a Dremel?

Self made

14. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

I have a tiny one. 2x40mm. It's overkill.

john

15. Aterius Gmork

Aterius Gmork smell the ashes

Well, John, there's nothing about your cooling setup for that system that is not overkill. :thumb:

Tags: Add Tags