1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How can i remove windows xp from my laptop and reinstall windows Me -the laptops orig

Discussion in 'Software' started by JolinG, 11 Aug 2011.

1. faugusztin

faugusztin I *am* the guy with two left hands

Probably. He has another cool post :

@JolinG: could you be more specific about the hardware, maybe we can recommend you a better option than Windows ME.

2. Daedelus

Daedelus What's a Dremel?

You don't even need to have even heard of unix to install the latest Ubuntu distros. They install just like Windows does, everything is done in a nice GUI. Easy peasy. I recommend it for older hardware as long as you don't want to play any games.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Multimodder

I like how this threads 2 pages long over 6 days and the thread starter still has 1 post count

4. benji2412

benji2412 <insert message here>

I'd put in a newer HDD and install linux or xp. Possibly a bit more RAM as well.

5. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

I wouldn't mind some free nikes and an enhanced penis, can you un-nuke those posts?

6. Houndofhell

Houndofhell One Particle to Rule Them All

As the others have said do Not put ME on it. ME was the direct result of all the developers at Microsoft getting horrendously drunk at their Christmas party and deciding they could knock out an OS in a night.

Put ubuntu on thats a great os for a linux newbie, very easy to install and even if you hardly know anything about computers it is as easy to use as Windows.

7. geoboy333

geoboy333 Not always completely useless

In all honesty, if your laptop can't run xp, it might be an idea to get a new one.

8. Dwarfer

Dwarfer What's a Dremel?

As posted already, Ubuntu or Win 98!