1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V How can i use my TFT for the xbox?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Arien, 17 Mar 2005.

1. Arien

Arien What's a Dremel?

Heya,

Does anyone know how i can use my TFT to play my xbox on?

I have a Radeon 9800pro graphics card if that helps? ... would i need a TV card?

Regards.
    Rob.

2. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Yes. Or an AIW version of that 9800Pro.

Or an external modulator box, but they're not very nice (or cheap).
    Or a SyncBlaster cable, but they're not cheap either.

3. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

$50 got me this device iirc its called XVGA. Works great on my 21" CRT but I'm yet to try my new dell 20"widescreen LCD.

Edit: its this
    Acoring to the site,
    "Can X2VGA+ be worked with LCD monitors?
    Due to 480p, 720p, and 1080i display modes are not the common working modes for computers; therefore, whether LCD monitors can normally display, really depends on their drive circuits, and if they give supports to these modes. According to our testing results, we conclude that over 90% of LCD monitors can display in 480p mode normally, and the newer or larger LCD monitors have a higher possibility to display in 720p and 1080i modes normally - should be attribute to their better drive circuits. In this couple of years, the normal display possibility for LCDs of or above 17" even mounted as high as 80%."

Last edited: 19 Mar 2005
  4. ehrnam45

ehrnam45 What's a Dremel?

I tried this with my PS2 and htpc. I used the video in on a PVR-250 capture card and it was horrendous. the color was way off and the response time was almost a full second lag. If your LCD had a composite video (RCA) jack or TV tuner built in, then i would say it's not a problem. just give it a fling and let us know how it works out.

5. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Yea i also forgot to mention that i first tried it by using the video input on my Ati TV wonder Pro, and the quality looked like total **** and there was about a second delay between what you do on the controller and what happens on screen.

6. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

Few people have said that to me before. I use my GC through my 9800SE AIW though and it's fine. There might be, like, 0.2s delay, but nothing that hinders gaming (except for maybe Donkey Konga :idea: )

7. Froggy

Froggy What's a Dremel?

Try weaving cones at 130 in Project Gotham with a delay ;)