1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wii / Wii U How does online gaming on Wii work?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by flabber, 15 Jul 2007.

1. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

Hi all :)

I've been having some serious fun with my Wii, but I want to take it a step further by getting that Mario Soccer game. The only thing bugging me, is that I haven't been able to find out exactly how online gaming on the Wii works.

I do know that if you want to play with a friend, you need some sort of friendcode for the Wii. But is it possible to play a simple online game against strangers, just like it's possible on the PS2/3 or the XBOX360? Because if there's something I don't really feel like doing, is having to call my friends to check if they are going online all the time. I mean, you should simply be able to come online to play a random game against someone, and then go offline again right? :)

Thanks in advance :)

Flabber

2. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

It doesn't...

3. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Wii keeps the loving at home and with friends. Wii dont like strangers :)

4. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Wii has online with Mario Strikers football. Someone I know has it, I'll ask (sold my Wii because of the lack of 3rd party/good titles)

5. flabber

flabber What's a Dremel?

Oh cool, thanks Doug :)

Yeah, the lack of good titles is a minor problem atm, but I am/was waiting for Mario Strikers, Mario Kart, and a couple of other online games (Metroid for example). And I bet that around Christmas there will be a couple of good titles, hehe.

But I'm curious about your findings ^^

6. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

I've got a copy of Mario Strikers and it does appear you can play over a Wi-Fi connection against strangers.

Tags: