1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how good is the next PC?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by malcolmx9, 14 Jul 2005.

1. malcolmx9

malcolmx9 What's a Dremel?

basically, i want to know how much time (assumption) will this PC run games at a medium/high graphic?

2. malcolmx9

k, nvm guys. i ordered GIGABYTE 6600GT 128MB insted of the regular 6600 GPU i mentioned :)

3. webbyman

webbyman Hax.

6600GT's better :thumb: even if it doesn't have that extra 128mb of ram

it depends what games you want to play with it... many of the newer ones it will run them on low maybe medium settings :sigh:

if it was me i would have diched the dvd r+-, xp2500 and nf7 for a a64 3000+ 939 and a 939 mobo :eek:

4. malcolmx9

i already own the 2500+nf7, and even if i will sell them and won't buy the dvd-r i still won't have enough money to buy the a64. but all the games require a recommended 1400MHz CPU or so, mine is 1800MHz and can be OC'ed to 2200MHz. so in the cpu area i don't think i will have any problems in running games...my cpu may be a little bit old but its still a good strong cpu!

and 6600GT will ran game soon on meduim/low settings! wtf, r u sure man!!!
    i thought ita a strong V.card!!!

5. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

i would say medium /low-high settings with the 6600gt as its king of the mid-range.....but that machine of urs is no-way up 2date...its very similar to mine.....i think ur waisting it buy not overclocking it as u have the cpu/ram and mobo to do it some justice.

to be honest mate....i would say buy nxt year ur gonna run into trouble running games as they are getting more complex and require better hardware....its time to save up!!!

doent matter how fast ur machine is...theres allways better hardware out there.

6. TMM

TMM Modder

many of the newer games require quite a bit of CPU power - thats where the A64s shine.

7. malcolmx9

k, i will be able to OC my cpu to 3200 when i will get the new V.card with a new case. i'm sure it will help. and also i didn't say my rig is the best, i simply said its enough for game, cpu i mean. may not be the strongest but its still have enough power to ran new games!
    anyway, i'm expecting this pc to handle new games for the next year-year & half or so. until then i will already have a job and could get a high rang pc :)