1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much sleep do you get?

Discussion in 'General' started by bard, 9 Nov 2003.

1. death_star

death_star What's a Dremel?

When theres school 8 or 9 hours but on weekends maybe 2 or 3 if im lucky.

2. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I have a Knock-Me-Out-Of-Beauty-Sleep alarm that goes off @ 7am, then the second alarm goes off @ 8.15 then my moblie alarm goes off @ 8.30, that's the wake up one!! Then I'm In work @ 9am, get home 5pm, usually fall asleep for an hour or so half way though neighbours, then I'll go to bed @ 1am.

The worst thing I find is if i get an extra hour in bed I feel awful the next morning... :(

3. Lord_A

Lord_A Boom baby!

:: Phat :: you sleep waaay too much!

I miss my old job where I could wake up at 9am :(

I have to get up at 6am nowadays :waah:

4. batsman

batsman the quiet one

i normally get about 8 depending on if my girlfreind is round or not :naughty:

but normally still tired after that

apparently an hour before midnight is worth 2 after :confused:

5. Dogg

Dogg What's a Dremel?

weekdays... goto bed around 1; wake up at 6 for class.

weekends... goto bed around 3; girlfriend wakes me up around 7 for breakfast. :wallbash:

6. TheoGeo

TheoGeo What are these goddamn animals?!

i go to bed just past midnight on most week nights then up around 8:15. weekend i tend to vary depending on where i happen to be sleeping and what im doing :D
    i find that if i dont get enough sleep one night then i get headache late the next day with the severety being inversly proportional to the amount of sleep i get

7. chartley

chartley What's a Dremel?

I like to have about 8hrs sleep if possible, but currently on the days I have lectures (tues, wed and thursdays) I get about 7hrs. However, I have a fool proof rule, if I'm working the following day I try to always get more sleep than I'll work, which is easy for a 5hr shift, but during the summer when I was working 10hr shifts it was trickier.. esp. when they were on concurrent days, so my days were pretty boring... out of 48hrs I'd sleep for 20, work 20 and have a whole 8hrs for getting to work, washing and having a life.

Still always think of the money! the true safeway employee motto: "Proud to serve Scotland" or "The friendliest store in town" never did ring right. Although "I'm here cause of the overtime" would be another popular one :rock:

8. penski

penski BodMod

120 hour weeks. For four concurrent weeks. Working a mixture of Plant Bread, Groceries and Admin.

*n

9. chartley

Jeeso, is that legal?

You must've really raked it in from that, well the tax man'd love you for sure.

I couldn't handle that much Safeway'ing... I'd end up stabbing customers. 40hrs in a week + 5hrs on a sunday is my limit

(I love it how safeway dont count Sunday as part of the week...)

Once again... 120hrs! :jawdrop:

17hr days?! was your store 24hrs or something?

10. penski

penski BodMod

It was more a case of working 7am-4pm, 10pm-7am, 4pm-10pm, 7am-4pm... All week.

Including night rates and sunday rates it ended up as roughly 120 paid hours.

Oh and I was a student at the time - Barely got touched for tax :D

*n

11. Hwulex

Hwulex Minimodder

6-7 hours the norm.

Bed around 2-3 am, up at ~9.

12. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

I don't really have a regular sleep pattern, I tend to sleep as required. What I mean is I only get up when I need to in the morning, although never later then 1145.

The minimum I need to survive a day without falling asleep though is five and a half hours.

13. woodshop

woodshop UnSeenly

school 8 hours 3am-11am
    weekends(no school) 12+ hours 3/4am - 3-5pm

14. Yo-DUH_87

Yo-DUH_87 Who you calling tiny?

Sleep, what's that?

I realy do prety good now days, averaging somewhere between 6-7 hours on school days. I can do a stint of 4-5 hour days (usualy about a week) and survive, but then I need a while to recover. Had to do that last year to get some school stuff finished up, but I had all summer to recover :p

Durring the weekend I get about 8-9 hours, which is lovely, but isn't going to last very long (got loads of stuff comming up FAST!).

What ever happened to the days when people used to get a minimum of 8-9 hours of sleep?

/me nods off in computer chair :sigh:

15. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

I sleep about 6 hours. I get up at 05:30 in the morning and go to work at 06:15.

In the weekend I stay in the same rithm (even if I go out) and take a nap in the afternoon otherwise I'm tired all week.

You can train yourself in sleeping less, but you'll have to be fit (do a lot of sports), eat healthy and stay in the same rithm. In the end you can do with 4 hours a night. The good thing is that you can set of a bomb next to you and still sleep!

16. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I absolutely hate waking up in the morning with less than 5 hours of sleep.

I can sit in the chair and just doze off even if the teacher yells "Max Listen!"...

One day I slept 1 hour cause i was like broadcasting my radio on my IRC channel :rolleyes: and my face was absolutely PALE.

THe only time i slept for 9 to 10 hours was on the night before the exam lol :blush:

I slept around 6 to 8 hours now. On friday and saturday nights I sleep 11 to 12 hours and wake up feeling tired lol :p

17. taliban_raider

taliban_raider Just some guy; you know

I like to get a good 8 hours a night on school night I usuly go to bed at about 9:30 and I always wake up on or before 6:00. Sometimes I like to g et extras sleep and "save time up" like I will slepp like 10hours a night and on the weekend not sleep firday night and then saturday night get about 6 hours and then go back to normal sunday night. I will do this if I am going to an o/ lan or summit or just plain have things to do on the weekned which sleep cant interupt. But it depends on the perosn on how much sleep you need. If i start to sleep way more than I need for a few weeks I wake up in the middle of the night and I wont be able ot go back to sleep for atleast a few hours.

18. chartley

Just to change my 2p worth, today I ended up sleeping 10hrs, very nice all in, just a shame I've missed a lecture :)

19. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Missing lectures is ok, seminars are the tough ones :D
    I normally end up sleeping at 2am and waking up at 9ish.
    7 hours.
    damn

20. Shepps

Shepps Slacking off since 1986..

Weekdays about 7 hours, fridays about 6, saturdays i sleep from about 3am to 3pm :D so thats 12 hours