1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice how to build rep on this forum

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by trig, 30 Jan 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. trig

trig god's little mistake

thats awesome...

2. smc8788

smc8788 Multimodder

Now why would I want to do that?

:worried:

3. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

:p your the nut who's obsessed with his processor and case

4. Moyo2k

Moyo2k AMD Fanboy

OMG... im at 3 ... WIN! :p

5. Rotcrack

Rotcrack Food Maestro.

:p I am that.. nut?

6. Fazed

Fazed Minimodder

I've been following this thread for a few hours now, and I've got to say, well done guys :D

It's nice to have a bit of a break away from the usual threads in here, how this is directly related to hardware is beyond me tho!

Anyhow, If I could be arsed to give you all rep, I would :thumb:

thehippoz likes this.
  7. thehippoz

thehippoz What's a Dremel?

I give rep out usually to goodbytes and a few others in the tech section.. just try to help with general problems nothing serious- else you could spend all day on here lol

not sure seen too many javamans posts, think he does build recommends though? so I don't even click on those.. maybe he's getting bogus rep who knows..

maybe start repping more though.. was pretty much off for the holidays.. give you some rep fazed XD don't really care too much where my rep's at- have enough squares, but the times I have gotten some it's been for saying something like I like tacos.. probably best way would be the demot thread

8. javaman

javaman May irritate Eyes

Trig go **** yourself. You think its hurtful being called childish?? You actively accuse me of something I haven't done. You say you try to help people who genuinely need help yet all you've done is trash multiple threads with your bull ****. I don't know if your jelous or just annoyed that someone beat you to the some sort of mystical prize for helping someone. Just go on believing whatever the **** you you want.
    You can see what I've posted in. I've tried to be an active member and provide relevant and useful information. I guess helping people is pointless since it clearly damages some peoples egos.

9. trig

trig god's little mistake

lol...well, i feel my work here is done...

10. Burnout21

Burnout21 Mmmm biscuits

Trig seriously, even if he is using more than one account why do you even care. The amount of BS i see on this forum at times truly staggers me.

This sort of crap may have been common place on the CPC forums i wouldn't know as i stuck my head into CPC forums once but found it to be full of crap tbh.

Ever since CPC shut down a lot more basic build questions have popped up on bit-tech, which isn't a big problem as a lot members here including myself put a lot of time into helping people.

A few people say I have a generally cynical, pessimistic nature to my replies, and tbh yeah their right!

However the information i provide is clear and pretty dam accurate hence why people have given me a nice green bar.

Next I need to work on my grammer nazi skills

11. JaredC01

JaredC01 Hardware Nut

This thread is FULL of epic and win. While I agree that it's nice having rep, the hardware section in general doesn't seem to be the place to get it. On top of that, a lot of the rep comments I've seen are for absolutely pointless posts that have a bit of humor in them.

In the end, a green bar means nothing... Does it look nice? Yes. Does it help some of the newer members determine who knows their stuff without actually knowing the individual? To some extent, yes, though at the same time not so much. Most people are intelligent enough to determine who's helpful and who's not within a short period of time.

I personally think that the vast majority of my posts are helpful, though I still have very little rep. Does it bother me? No. Do I still ask for rep in my signature if I'm helpful to someone? Absolutely. The reason I do it? To know that the information I posted is indeed helpful. I don't mind NOT getting rep from someone, if they tell me thanks in the thread itself.

At the end of the day, you have to ask yourself, what does it really matter?

azrael- likes this.
  12. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Are you lot done yet? Can I close this now?

Yes.. mind the doors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.