1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows How-to? RAID 0 Setup on new WinXP Corp

Discussion in 'Software' started by toyomatt84, 3 Oct 2004.

1. toyomatt84

toyomatt84 What's a Dremel?

Ok, well when I have my system POST-ing, I have the floppy disk with the drivers for SATA RAID out and the WinXP disc in. When the XP is starting it's install process, I press "F6" when it says "Press F6 if you need to install third party SCSI or RAID drivers". Nothing pops up then, so I wait it out till the agreement pops up and I press F8 to agree. Then I don't see any alternate drives to select, like there should be. Atleast, that's how my mobo's manual says to do this. I have an MSI MS-6741 MicroATX mobo and 2 Western Digital SATA 200 gig hdd's.

Can anyone point me to some help on this? I will be using the 2 hdd's as the OS drive, and I can't seem to get past this point.

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

The thing doesn't pop up immediately. You need to wait a while and eventually it'll show up. I don't remember whether it was before or after the agreement but somewhere around there. Also, from my experiences it has to be a real floppy, not a USB one in case you're trying that.

Also, is says something to the extent of "Push [] to install third party drivers" after the F6 stage (don't remember the key, S or something), you have to do that also.

3. toyomatt84

Hmm... you say it takes a bit to have that window popup? Like a minute or so, or more?

4. toyomatt84

Figured out what it was, I have a USB splitter that goes to 2 PS/2 plugs. I just figured out that USB isn't supported in non-Windows. All fixed and rocking! :D

Tags: