How to raise a 1337 kid!

Discussion in 'General' started by Evilbob, 7 Dec 2001.

1. Evilbob

Evilbob What's a Dremel?

2. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

how very true this is :)

3. Helpless Hiccup

Helpless Hiccup What's a Dremel?

rents dont have a clu do they...gaming is fantastic for our brains :D

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Re: Re: How to raise a 1337 kid!

I agree wholeheartidly. I didnt get into gaming really until the summer before last, through a m8 who introduced me to CS. I was really awfaul at games before that, and ive never found any really addictive. Now i can get decent at any FPS action game within hours :) but my reaction times still arent as good as my m8s. He has the Official UK record for completing Metal Gear Solid on the PSX in the fastest time! Ninja Quick fingers, he's popular with the ladies too... cant think why!?! ;)

My parents told me constantly "you still playing that f00ken game??" "Dont you ever get tired of killin people?" "For christs sake Richard - turn the damn thing off!" were the usual comments. They didnt get that i couldnt haev dinner in the middle of a CS clan match either!! You try to explain the situation and they say in a really patronising way "Its only a game, you can play it later!"

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Dec 2001
  5. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

I agree with you too. My mum and dad always have a go at me for playing the computer too much, my dad messes arond and calls me Hermit Boy and Attic Dweller because i spend all of my time on the comp or modding stuff.
    I think that games also help your brain, many reasons for it but one that is a bit unreliable is that i play games a lot of the time , since i was 5 and i go to grammar school :( however my mate is a dumb ass and he dont play on games as much as me. :confused:

Last edited: 8 Dec 2001
  6. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

games = good for brain imho
    because they make you think and think quickly, good reactions, some need strategy or lateral or logical thinking, basically it exercises your brain :) as long as you think about other things as well then its good for ya :cool:

oh and i've suffered from the "you have dinner now... it'll still be there when you get back..." they just don't get it LOL

7. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Yea all my m8s (except the one guy that got me into it, but he likes his ps2 more) think its all crap, or they like real crap games.

Anyway, when my dad tells me im gonna bugger up my life in front of a puter i remind him of bill gates, and also remind him that the only other hobby id probably get into is modding cars and that costs even more and id knick his tools more/overtake the garage/ have dodgy friends.
    Either that or fund a crack habit... (that's a joke, but i sometimes he thinks im serious :D)