1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motherboards How to update bios on DFI p45 mobo?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Action_Parsnip, 7 Jan 2010.

1. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Hey,

First things first AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

Its been frustrating trying to figure this out.

Ok, I have a DFI Lan Party DK p45 T2rs plus on windows XP. The BIOS is from Jan 2008 and I want to flash to a new one because this thing just wont oc with altered memory timings. (stock is 5-5-5-18)

Firstly, I cant for love nor money make a bootable USB stick. The h.p. utility everyone points to wants msdos files which i cant find anywhere. The handy guide all my googling points to just refers me back to this HP util, and the pictorial guide shows me steps that refer to an older version of the util, so it would seem. Going right-click and format in windows explorer greys out the make system disk option.

Secondly, I cant seem to find an option in the DFI bios to boot from the USB. Ive flashed from the usb on an asus machine so im used to trawling through menus, but the dfi menus defeat me. So whats the wording in the DFI bios?????

I would use winfalsh, infact i tried and it refused to cooperate, so thats out the window and i know better not to persist with the windows flashing option.

Please help me, Im fit to start shouting at loved ones and smash up there things.

thanks, A.Pars.

2. Action_Parsnip

Action_Parsnip What's a Dremel?

Dont suggest the floppy disk option pls, i do not have one.