1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors How's everyone's 2009 so far?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mighty Yoshimi, 9 Jan 2009.

1. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Mines been rubbish, either a ruptured cooling system or blown head gasket on my beloved FTO GPX. Good news is i've been quoted 400 to fix incl parts =]

Thats what i'm doing tomorrow car in garage. How bout you other folks! :clap:

2. DarkLord7854

DarkLord7854 What's a Dremel?

Windshield shattered on my RX8.. driving along quietly.. nobody around.. suddenly a rock flies into windshield and next thing I know glass pieces are flying everywhere and I have a new window in the car.

3. Mighty Yoshimi

Man that sucks, i hope you opted in for windscreen cover. Doesn't seem to be the year for motors does it!

4. DarkLord7854

Windshield replacement is free in Florida, state law :clap:

5. tranc3

tranc3 ADHD Modder

kinda wish i still lived there some times.

other then that I've spent it in side, been nasty and cold out around here.

6. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Not great but not terrible

the crack in my windshield got bigger :(

7. Mighty Yoshimi

Get it before it gets bigger! they cost like what 300 quid sometiems :(

I think all this cold weather has been damagin cars!

8. lex90

lex90 Minimodder

Drivers side mirror got hit off during the night of the 2nd, damn hit and runners. Been quoted 240 euros for parts, "luckily" the painted front part wasnt broken so they dont have to respray anything. Ugh, an entire month of student loans down the drain cause some fool cant drive and is too ignorant to leave a number so i can claim his insurance.

9. Mighty Yoshimi

That sucks mate, do they fold, i know you shouldn't have to but just fold them away. Some idiots about

10. Mr Mario

Mr Mario What's a Dremel?

QFT
    My car has a couple of chips which I need to sort out soon, i'm fully comp and have windscreen cover, so it shouldn't cost anything.

My car slid on the ice a couple of weeks back (road hadn't been gritted and a couple of tires were fairly worn) at a round about and knocked one of my weels, had to have the steering re-aligned and a new strut or something, has some good tires on now though.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

WHAT?! How?!:eeek:

Me: 2 flat tyres, 1 is a slow burner so I'm off to get em fixed tomorrow :( Bloody nails.

12. DarkLord7854

Dunno, was driving, had a windshield one second, gone the next. At least it didn't rape the paint/body, windshield is easy to replace, I would have been way more pissed off if it had done damage to any body panel.

13. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Rocks just don't fall out the sky!? Did someone throw it? Were you driving under a bridge at the time?

I mean, Ive had big stones come flying off the road behind someone and bounce off the windscreen making me duck in the car before... but you make it sound almost magical :worried:

14. DarkLord7854

Was driving on an open on-ramp, nobody in front of me, and very light traffic on highway, I still haven't been able to understand what happened. It just did :worried:

15. [PUNK] crompers

[PUNK] crompers Dremedial

not too great so far, still waiting for the lottery win and a few ladies to realise i'm all they ever wanted.

16. knuck

knuck Hate your face

it happened to the rear window of my brother's 88 mustang back in the early 90's. Turned out the defrost wouldn't turn off and apparently that's what caused the glass to explode.

weird

my sister bought a Buick RendezVous 2004 this week and today I took it to the garage to have the winter tires installed. As I was coming back home i almost lost one of the wipers 0.o

damn GMs :D

17. DarkLord7854

Hmm that could explain it partially since it had been switching between hot/cold weather a lot for the past few days prior to it randomly exploding, so probably it was weakened or something and the rock just blew it apart

18. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

i doubt that's it. palm beach cold is a little different to montreal cold.

also, free window replacement wtf? who pays for it then? the government or the car manufacturer or what?

19. DarkLord7854

It was jumping between 65 to 90 degrees F in the middle of the day sometimes.

And yea, free windshield replacement, insurance eats the cost, it doesn't increase the monthly cost or anything though.

20. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

I hit a deer doing 55mph and messed up my front end. $2200 worth of damage on my 99 protege. I have to pay $1000 deductable to get it repaired. not sure what i am going to do. :sigh:

One of the benefits in FL