1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Notebooks HP/COMPAQ Technician needed - HP xe4100 bios pass needs resetting, help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by FIBRE+, 20 Sep 2005.

1. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Basically I have 2 laptops at work (an upper school) which have had there bios passwords changed, 1 is the boot pass so I cant do F/A, other is just Bios pass.

The two laptops are:

HP xe4100 - bios pass

HP nx9005 - boot pass

Ive messed around quite a bit with the 4100 and had no luck whatsoever. After trying the usual tricks I ended up pulling out the hard disk, cmos chip, cmos battery, main battery and the mains supply, left it for about 5-10 minutes, It come up with the the usual error and wanting to default the bios settings but still requested the passwords afterward (aslo left the hdd out when booting up and deleted all partitions and formatted it when it was in). Im pretty sure it stores it on an eeprom chip or whatever you call it, as the cmos chip works fine in another laptop.

Ive google'd a bit and got a few lists of backdoor passwords that engineers use, so far none have worked (havent found any for HP or many for Compaq).

Ive downloaded a couple of programs I may try tomorrow but other than that the only solution I can think of is getting the backdoor password, you can get it via HP but its a real pain in the a_se.

The easy solution is if somone can tell me the backdoor password, If anyone can help that would be great.

Hometime me thinks, finish at 4 normally :waah: