1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant HTC are fiddling me about with my warranty - what are my rights?

Discussion in 'General' started by lamboman, 21 Nov 2011.

1. lamboman

lamboman What's a Dremel?

Hi all,

In August, I sent my DHD in to be repaired for, among other problems, a loose display that clicks in heat (pocket warmth), imaccuracy with the display, and an orange hue to the camera. However, when I received the phone back, all they did was replace the housing, which doesn't have any relation to the issues at hand!

Now, not a smart move from myself, but I accepted the phone, not wanting to waste more tome going through the repair process again.

Fast forward to now. A couple of weeks ago, I got in touch, and they said that I would have to get my phone repaired. Not content with this, I managed to get my case escalated to a customer care manager, who eventually gave the go ahead to get my phone replaced rather than repaired. After 3 working days of delays, and a total enquiry length pf around 2 weeks at this point, they finally picked up my phone on Wednesday.

Today, I come home, open the box, and find...exactly the same phone, with ANOTHER replaced housing, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the display or camera issues at hand (there is no attachment between the display and housing, the display is attached to the central chassis, and the camera issues are caused by...well, the camera).

As you can imagine, I'm sick of it, and it is getting really boring. So, my question to all you bit-techers is, what do you think I should do in this situation? What are my rights? Of course, ideally I would like to is get rid of the phone and steer clear of HTC, but there is probably a slim chance of that happening, unfortunately. So, what can I do?

Note that I bought the phone brand new off eBay, which made no difference to HTC in terms of warranty, but of course I'm not dealing with a retailer. Also, the offer of replacement is an admission to the improper "repair" in August, in my eyes.

Thanks muchly for your wisdom!

2. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

Did you manage to get the Customer Care Managers name? Try and contact him again and express all your concerns and hopefully it will get sorted.

3. Modsbywoz

Modsbywoz Multimodder

Just keep doing it until they get it right. It will be costing them each time, in telephone calls, time returning emails/letters and postage.

Just say you would like to get this sorted as it's inconveniencing both parties.

4. lamboman

But it is inconveniencing me...I see what you both are getting at, however.

Anyway, long story short, decided to sell. Can't be bothered to fuss around with all of this, I just want a reliable phone that is fast, and lasts. Going iPhone 4S. Would go Galaxy Nexus but am not willing to put up with the Super AMOLED and plastic! And Apple's warranty has been great for me, as much as I have disliked the product.

I'm not a huge iPhone fan at all, but for ease of after-purchase assistance, Apple can't be beaten round these parts!

5. M7ck

M7ck Ⓜod Ⓜaster

I was gonna say that in my original reply but didn't want to come across as an apple fanboy. But you are correct in that apple cannot be beaten for these types of things.

6. lamboman

I know the feeling! Quite frankly...I don't like iOS as much as Android when it comes to the way it functions. Android's multitasking is far better. However, iOS is far more polished, and I've always maintained the quality of the hardware is better than any of the competition. That's the only reason I'm moving in that direction. I just want it to work!