1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News HTC sets Vive headset pre-order launch date

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 12 Jan 2016.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. rainbowbridge

rainbowbridge Minimodder

I would hate to see HTC enter into the VR market and get burnt in any possible way, hopefully getting involved with VR will lead to bigger and better things for HTC and they can apply the same ethos of excellent build quality towards VR products.

3. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

I used to be a massive HTC fan, but they have brought everything on themselves. I want them to release great products and do well, but if they do die they only have themselves to blame and I won't be too bothered.

4. SAimNE

SAimNE What's a Dremel?

this. as far as displays go i'd be a lot more comfortable if someone like samsung was in on it instead of htc... i'm not completely writing htc off since they have had some impressive products, but it's a bit of a "hit and miss" history. i'm giving the vive a good 2-3 months after the release before i decide on it or the oculus.

5. edzieba

edzieba Virtual Realist

It's almost certain Samsung are manufacturing the OLED panels in both the Rift CV1 and the HTC Vive. It's more likely than not that they are using the exact same display panels.

HTC do not have an OLED fab plant or LCD fab plant - so do not make their own display panels - for their phones or otherwise.