1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Humble Bundle lays off a fifth of its staff

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Gareth Halfacree, 13 Oct 2015.

1. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

2. Dave Lister

Dave Lister Minimodder

Maybe it's time they went back to making indie games. Iv'e honestly not seen any bundles in the last year to get in on, maybe they sold too much of the good stuff when they first started and there is nothing left now.

3. Teelzebub

Teelzebub Up yours GOD,Whats best served cold

^^ this I've not bought from them for ages

4. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I stopped buying after realising I was getting 6-7 games in a bundle, and only really wanting to play, at most, 1-2 of them. It can be quite a quick way to fill up your Steam library with games you'll never play. Plus, the Humble Bundle lost it's cross-platform, DRM free, selling point pretty early on in its lifespan.

5. mi1ez

mi1ez Modder

I still buy more bundles than I skip. Never used the store though and rarely go for the weeklies.

6. SexyHyde

SexyHyde Minimodder

Just pay what you want for the games you want? You can always gift the games you don't want away to friends or family, or even sell them on. The store normally has some good deals on, as I've picked a few games up there that have been about the same price as the sometime nefarious key sites.

7. dstarr3

dstarr3 What's a Dremel?

I stopped buying so many bundles, just because I happen to pretty much own all the games I want to play by now. But for new consumers that need to build a library of games, I think they very regularly have great bundles.

Though, the new monthly bundle rubs me the wrong way, considering so little of it goes to charity.

8. pbryanw

pbryanw Minimodder

I 'd completely forgot about the Humble Store - thanks for reminding me. Some good bargains on there, as you say, and the best part of the Humble experience in my opinion.