1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Bought A House

Discussion in 'General' started by Pflumingo, 30 Aug 2002.

1. Pflumingo

Pflumingo givem the bird.

Just having to scream....

I BOUGHT A FRIGGIN HOUSE MAN!!!

Nice neighborhood, Nice yard, Nice garage with plenty of space for my TOOLZ... Nice... Oh Sh%#, Now I have to figure out how I wired this crazy contraption, dismantle it, and move it to another place... Oh Well... I'll Live....

Oh Yeah... by the way
    I BOUGHT A FRIGGIN HOUSE MAN!!!

2. Haddy

Haddy World Domination

well wheres this pictures???

3. Pflumingo

Here's a first pic... Just from the listing site, I will have more as I progress a bit... (moving and stuff... )
    [​IMG]

4. VadimtheConqueror

VadimtheConqueror I love the little tacos...

nice place, what it cost ya?

5. Jaz

Jaz Banned

Whens the Bit-Tech house warming/Lan party eh? free airline tickets on Pflumingo!

6. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

We are just buying a house!!!

[​IMG]

Seeing the solicitor later and hope to move soon.

I'll have a garage to put all my stuff in so it'll keep the wife sweet :hehe: :D

I also have the old armchairs to go in there so I'll have somewhere to sit and contemplate my latest mods.

I won't have a PC in there :( so might contemplate a wireless net or run a cable down the garden to alow me to surf the net and stuff. I have a 133MHz PC that I could leave down there just need to work out how I can do it :)

Meblin

7. relix

relix Minimodder

Congrats Meblin and Pflumingo, nice looking houses! :)

8. :: Phat ::

:: Phat :: Oooh shakalaka!

I'm looking into buying a house soon, I have a great plan for one I 've seen If I can get it, It incldes a spiral staircase, large computer desk, first floor balcony, 3 floor open hallway, IE. Half sized attic with transparent roof and 2 storey glass brick wall in the hallway, hard to describe but my visualisation in my nuggin looks schweet :D

9. djgizmo

djgizmo 1337 pimp

well good job on the own house! i've personally never lived in anything less than a house but i've still got many, many years before i'm ready to move into my own house, and i've got even more years before i get the monneh for my own place. i heard that houses were relly a** expensive anywhere even near london? like 300 000£ (~$400 some thousand) dollars for a little appartment. am i right? which in turn translates to you paying 70% of your paycheck to your landlord, and the other 31% for other expenses, and in the end you don't have any monneh left, unless you have a really a** good job or if you're the owner of microsoft... then it's just fine and you can just go shop till you drop at harrods!:D

10. Pflumingo

I will have both wired and wireless Lan in the place.. What will be cool is I will put a wireless card on my car mp3 etc. box so i can download new music to it without having a cd or anything... and I can surf the net from my car if I want (I just have to stay within 400ft of the house! LOL)

but my main rigs will be on 100 base net..

Since my Garage is attached, it won't be a problem with distance or even if I want to wire it for NET it's pretty easy. I have reels and reals of CAT 6 wire...

Yeah, and I talked to Bill Gates and he said he would make my payments for me..... NOT... ha ha ha ...

The whole deal is $159K US... but it will be MINE!!!!

11. ChriX

ChriX ^

Congrats to Meblin and Pflumingo - are these your first houses or what??

Pflumingo :: the lan sounds V cool, I am definatley going to do that when I get a house, I cant put up with all the wires hanging all over the place like they are at the moment

12. Pflumingo

Yes... The first house that I own... Have been doing apartment life for about 10 years now... Getting sucky...

I will be wiring the walls for lan next weekend, and should be a fairly seemless move.

should be fun!

13. Meblin

Meblin Supposed IR God!

Well prices down south are rediculous!!! My Sister and her Boyfriend are just about to go on a little round the world holiday so will be letting their 2 bed Warehouse conversion flat. I think that they will get over £1200 per month!!!!

The house my wife and I have bought is a 3 bed semi and cost £80k ($125k) and is in the quante town of Beverley :)

We are first time buyers so it's all very new and exciting. We saw a load of dives before we found this one and it fits all the criteria. We will be having the second room as our office and the smallest room as our guest room. My philosopy is "Why have a massive room standing empty for most of the year?" :D

The price of houses in London is rediculous also. My parents house is a 3 story Victorian terace (and an attic conversion) in East London and it's worth a shead load :hehe:.

Meblin

14. ChriX

ChriX ^

Hehe, my gran has a house opposite me, a barn conversion, sleeps 8 and lets for £700 a week in the summer :)

15. :: Phat ::

My father wants to move our business and convert the warehouse into flats, but there's 2 hurdles in the way...

1) The area needs sproosing up a bit first for a decent value on the flats, not that the area is drab, its just that little bit, oh industrial!!

2) His wife... mummy :D

16. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

A one bedroom house around my area is £90,000 ish, damn all I need is a good wage or a rich woman.

17. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

So how much did Spout Hall cost? just how much does a split level teapot go for these days?:D

18. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I got that left in a will from the wicked witch of the North, damn that Dorethy. It needs a spring clean with all the toadstools and spiderwebs. This place is getting down, its reaching BOILING (groan) point and I need to let some STEAM (groan again) off
    :rolleyes:

Last edited: 30 Aug 2002
  19. :: Phat ::

herbs, where have I seen your little green Avatar Ladie?

20. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

That's Fennela, the wicked welsh witch from Chorlton and the Wheelies.

"I hate that dragon" :D