1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Networks I can't get Email to work

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Ozzie, 19 Oct 2017.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Fork 'andles I wanted

I am using W10 as o/s on 2 desktops but now can't get email. I can get internet to any other site ok.
    My provider is Talktalk. This was working about a week ago and I have not changed any settings. PC1 gives the message "Enter Talktalk imac pasword" which I do not know.

PC2 works some days but not others and gives the same message or "imac not rcognized" I have spoken to Talktalk who say it is my PC and that has the imac code and not their fault. I think it maybe the router. Both of them developing the same fault seems unlikely. I have also tried a a backup drive with the same result. Trying here as the Last Chance Saloon or I will change provider and router but that is not what I really want.

2. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

I guess when you say imac you mean to say imap, when you say you can't get Email to work are we talking about an email client like Outlook Express (is that still a thing?), Thunderbird, eM Client, or web based email (launching a program for email or using a web browser to login)?

3. Ozzie

Yes, sorry I meant imap. Using Thunderbird and also have eMclient neither of which work but they did about a week ago.

4. Pookie

Pookie Illegitimi non carborundum

Can you log in to talk talk web mail ok? Just to be sure the password is working?

5. Ozzie

How do I try that.

6. CrapBag

CrapBag Multimodder

TalkTalk Online Email

My TalkTalk account wouldn't work for about 2 days and my wife's doesn't want to play ball this morning but mines working again so I don't know if maybe they are having some server problems or something.

7. Ozzie

Thanks to all for pointing me in the right direction. I have now managed to re-set the password and get it working. Hope it stays that way.