1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding I have some ideas...need help!

Discussion in 'Modding' started by moneyhaduch, 10 Sep 2006.

1. moneyhaduch

moneyhaduch What's a Dremel?

Alright well I want to start off saying I have never really completely modded anything like some of the projects ive seen here...basically I do a lot with lights...sound reactive sets in the case etc....well recently I have been having ideas...ideas that would pretty much just turn heads when they saw my case because there is a massive lan coming up in november.....these ideas might sound wack..but it would be pretty badass if I could pull this off...some of the ideas were...

-Fog Machine inside the case..
    -Bubble Machine(idk...look pretty funny lol)
    -..this might sound impossible but like flames coming out the top...real fast....yea i know thats probably impossible but damn that would be sick...even if it was something attached the top...
    -the most realistic idea I have thought of is strobe lights...

See basically what I have now is a huge case with two different sound reactive sytems..all of which connect about nine 12 inch cold cathode lights...so basically when there is music or whatever it looks like lightning inside the case...if there was a way to have fog or something blow out of the top..of the case like a blow off valve or something...it would look pretty badass...

if none of these are possible...do any of you have an idea that i could try that would really turn heads at this next huge lan party im attending?

right now my case looks like this...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

the case is the silverstone windtunnel case..its massive and make of steel..so its plenty big to pull something insane off...

thanks! :D

2. mattthegamer463

mattthegamer463 What's a Dremel?

A smoke machine would be very cool, but it would have to not create any moisture in the case, because that would be bad. Bubble machines wouldn't be good either, for hopefully obvious reasons. ;)

A guy had a case that had real flames coming out of the top, I'm not sure where it was though.

3. bumfluff

bumfluff What's a Dremel?

The bubble machine could be made like one of those sticky outy radiators and placed on the top so it hasnothing to do with the insides of the case.

4. Lazlow

Lazlow I have a dremel.

I have visions of people looking at your top blowhole having their eyebrows burnt off...

Flames would look the most impressive - but you've got to think of practical and health/safety implications. Having flames leaping out of your case at a LAN party could set of alarms or burn down the place. I'm interested to see what you come up with.

5. MrABC

MrABC What's a Dremel?

Im thinking disco and computer? That would be well top - better if you can mount some lasers on it.

6. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

Well you could get 1 or 2 of these http://www.artisticdelights.com/mismakwit30r.html which you could put in a black tray of water above the case. Coudl even use an internal res. with these in it and pipe the smoke/steam up to the top.

You could do fire but you would have to flash it. Like a small self triggering pilot light then a gas blow out valve. You know whats really cool is taking a copper U of 1/2" hardwall with 2 elbows and to take a self igniting propane torch and seal the tip to one end of the copper then light it. It cracks like a motorcycle backfire.

7. Toreno

Toreno What's a Dremel?

Try modding a computer into a fridge!lol that would solve the thermal solution!

8. Warrior_Rocker

Warrior_Rocker Holder of the sacred iron

Sure the fog part is possible, but IIRC they require either dry ice, or some fancy fog machine fluid. Also the bubbles are a bad idea, they will float around and get on other peoples computers, when they start to land on peoples monitors they will be most upset.

Probably one of the coolest Mods I have ever seen done to the top of a computer is where someone took one of those laser light design makers, The ones that make circles and other such designs. He had it shoot up at the ceiling so it would draw attention to his case by having lots of flickering lights on the ceiling, it was a very cool mod. I wish I had pics, If I can find some, ill post.