1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i7z temperature issue

Discussion in 'bit-tech Folding Team' started by One_Box, 15 Jul 2011.

1. One_Box

One_Box Folder of the month April 2012

I've just got this running on my Asus P8P67 SB set up compiled from the source code of svn-31.

It works OK displaying the true cpu frequency either from a terminal or via the GUI.

I have no idea how to display CPU core temps using this application, can anyone advise?

At the moment I've done some temp monitoring in Windows on various WUs and have just assumed that running Linux the temps. would be the same.

I'm a noob concerning Linux (Ubuntu 11.04) so treat me gently :wallbash:

2. jondi_hanluc

jondi_hanluc Retired Folder

It's in the end column, grab the right side of the window and drag it out.

3. One_Box

Thanks for that jondi, I'll take a look tomorrow :duh:

4. One_Box

I can see the temps on the right hand side when running in a terminal, but when using the GUI can only see the core frequency.

I'm really pleased I can now see the CPU temps :D

5. MODZERO

MODZERO Minimodder

When you were running 10.10 did it fail to show the correct CPU frequency when over clocked? I've just got mine all setup, I've overclocked it to 4.5GHZ (100x45 @ 1.275v) yet Ubuntu still thinks it's 3.4... Im bloody confused, is it just a bug? Worried I'm not seeing the extra performance for folding.

How are you getting on with 11.04? Work out how to show temps? I've got it working on 10.10 using an applet, just had to sort out the sensors. For some reason thou I have to repeat it every time it restarts.. Still need to find a solution to that one.

J.

6. One_Box

System monitor shows the base speed only regardless of the overclock, however i7z shows the base frequency as well as as the turbo speed.

11.04 seems fine, still using i7z without problem.