I've been wanting to do this for a long long time and I only recently managed to buy some IBM Optical Navigator mice on eBay for a reasonable price (60% retail). A "client" of mine caught wind of the idea and decided that he might be interested in one too. They arrived earlier today and since I didn't have anything else on my plate I spent 3 or 4 hours tinkering with them. Each mouse was annoying to get apart at first, but I managed to disassemble both, even removing their buttons. both were sanded with 220 grit sandpaper, then polished with rubbing alchohol on a paper towel. 2 coats of Satin blackboard paint (extremely durable) were applied. The buttons of each mouse were delicately covered with aluminum tape. The LED under the scrollwheel of the mouse on the right (mine) was replaced by a 3mm RED led. Both were reassembled and tested. Oh so much sexier than stock, but still as functional and comfortable as the original IBM Optical Navigators.