1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

iCute 0508ULA-5G1 PC Case

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 3 Oct 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

A few notes:

That forward fan is actually 140mm, but the case will take standard (25) 120s, without trouble. If you want to install a 38mm fan here, you have to drill out the four bottom, and two sub-bezel rivets, then drill a set of four new rivets 1CM back from the first set on the base of the case.

As to the side panel fan, it does little to cool the components - it will NOT replace dedicated fans for OCing systems - meaning that if you trust that big boy to chill your UTT, you'll bake it.

Thirdly, the quality control on this case is HORRIBLE. When i got mine at first, the power button had been smashed inward, the dual plastic clips that hold the front panel on had been torn off, and the bay covers got smashed into the case. Oh, and notice that front audio/usb port combo at the case's bottom? One of it's two mounts was shafted, so it floated loose.

The upshot? It's a nice looking case (minus the bezel), it has good functionality, and potential for those of us used to oldschool casing styles. YES it is limited in use with some hardware GX2s + Many Drives = The Lose), but it's still a grand venture for your average (and careful!) joe.

3. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Nice review as always, but I dont really like that case. Way too much plastic...I rather like the look of cold solid aluminum :baby: :hehe:

4. sam.g.taylor

sam.g.taylor Apparently I'm Greg Kinnear

5. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

/\ thats almost wierd how similar those two are being from "different" companies

6. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

Begun The Clone War Has.

7. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

a lot of the chassis of that case looks very similar to mine (aspire xplorer). but the outside of my case looks better, plus it doesnt have any deathly sharp edges on it.

8. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Thanks to Bit-Tech for the review :clap: & thanks Tulatin for the additional info :thumb: - but, Tulatin, I'm confused as to why you would want to install a 38mm fan. :confused:

When I first saw the big side fan & shiny finish I liked it but the next page with the interior views killed that quick enough. - But now I want one of those big fans. :D

9. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

i just want one of those big-ass fans to suck children and small animals into my pc case!

10. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

I think you mean a 38 CM fan?

Whatever...:D I really like the big fan, it's really a thing that get people looking at your case :p

11. Tulatin

Well a forward 38mm fan lets you use a nice, high airflow fan which can be undervolted for dead silence. Suuuure the included fan is QUIET, but when i sold off my case, it came with a pair of Nidec Steel Frame Beta Vs installed :)

12. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

The name alone is too related to ipods.

That would stop me from buying it.

13. Tulatin

Uh waffles, iCute was around for AGES before Apple produced the iPod.

14. Tyinsar

Personally, I wouldn't call any 38mm (1 1/2 inch) fan "high airflow" compared to even an 80mm fan.

Did the front "turbine" in yours also spin off-center?

15. Tulatin

A 120x38mm fan.

16. Tyinsar

ah, that makes sense now :thumb: , thanks

17. G-gnome

G-gnome Peter Dickison

'scuse the pun, but I'm not a big fan.:D

Yet another example of companies ripping off old modder creations in the quest to try and keep up (in this case mnpctech's turbine intake). I feel we've all moved on a bit since then. Still, mums and dads will likely think it's wonderful.

18. dragon-fly

dragon-fly What's a Dremel?

19. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

i wouldnt worry about the airflow being turbulent... turbulent flow is actually better for cooling than laminar flow. but without a decent extraction fan i can see why the big intake fans may not work as well as you'd imagine...all that heat will just get churned up inside

20. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

:D That case is absolutely minging, am I in a nightmare of tacky design? Honestly peeps, we will look back at our current technology in twenty years time and laugh at it like wind up gramaphones and bakerlite radios

Tags: Add Tags