1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storage Icy Dock ExpressCage MB326SP-B Product Dimension

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kim, 31 Dec 2021.

1. kim

kim hardware addict

Hi guys, thanks for reading...
    I want to add 6 hard drives to my serveur, looking for something not too expensive, I found a 6 hdd cage from Icydock, who else? :grin:
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, this product is availiable in different online shops, with a large range of prices from 70euros to 148euros :eeek: ... but for all of them, in the description, the product dimention is the same on all sites:

Product Dimension (L x W x H) : 146.5 x 145.8 x 41.3mm

but sorry but...the product description is :ExpressCage MB326SP-B= 6 Bay 2.5” SATA HDD / SSD Hot Swap Cage for External 5.25” Bay.
    6 bays for six HDD inside a box of 146.5 x 145.8 x 41.3mm ????????:wallbash:
    Unless I've lost my mind, 146.5mm means 14.65cm no?, so in a square box of let's say... 15cm/15cm and 4 cm height, you're supposed to cram 6 HDDs???? :grin: I don't buy it :hehe:
    I've got dozens of HDD here, and even taking out the slimest ones, some Seagate are only 2 cm height, but most are 2.5 cm height, but in all cases, 3 HDDs piled up are over 4 cm, without mentioning that 2 hard drives stuck together side by side make already 20.5 cm width, but looking at the pictures it's obvious that there are 6 drawers, I am totally confused :duh:
    Please, does anybody knows the real dimentions of this product? I found until now, 7 sites with the same odd dimentions :oldconfused:

2. Bazz

Bazz Multimodder

Had one of these in the past, and a Startech version
    They are 146.5mm deep, 145.8mm wide, and 41.3mm high
    They support 7mm to 12.5mm HDD/SSD's max

kim likes this.
  3. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Pretty sure I still have one out in the garage.

kim likes this.
  4. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Those are the real dimensions: it's for 2.5" (laptop) hard drives and SSDs, not 3.5" (desktop) hard drives.

kim likes this.
  5. kim

kim hardware addict

:duh: ohh, stupid I am, of course, :idea: thank you guys