1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Id Software announce new game

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by WILD9, 4 Aug 2007.

1. WILD9

WILD9 Been here aaaaages

They've finally announced the new game, Rage, and theres a trailer. Looks like its on 360 PS3 and PC

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/23175.html

Alot of the footage is similar to the game engine demo they showed before but theres also gameplay footage now. Looks interesting.

2. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

I have to spend how much on upgrades to play it?

Seriously though, it looks good. It has fps elements, and what appears to be racing. So I'm thinking it's like an adventure/fps.

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Ha, a new id IP... I'm... in shock.

<commence multiple hour search on internet for every comment, opinion, article and screenshot of said new IP. See you all then!>

4. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

<returns from multiple hour search>

Well, it all looks quite interesting! Here are some nuggets:

• The game is actually the second game id started after Doom 3, they started one called 'Darkness', but then decided they actually fancied a change from dark and dingy, so have done light and airy instead.
    • The game engine, idTech 5, is stupidly verstile. For one, it's exactly the same on PC, 360 and PS3, to the extent there's no need to port anything over, the engine just works on the different platforms. Also, it can all be edited in real time, and is desgined so the artist, not the developer, has control over how the game comes out, the outcome is limited really only by the talent of the artist. Oh and it's all unique texturing, not just across the landscape but everywhere, and thus textures alone are, uncompressed, 20gigs +
    • It comes on 2 DVDs! First game to require that much space. Whilst PS3 owners are ok, it'll be intreguing to see how it works with a 360,
    • The game itself is a pretty open ended, sandbox style game, about 50/50 driving and shooting, and is part adventure, part fps, set in a long time gone post apocolyptic world. The driving element is also apparently as developed as the fps, and is proper physics based, think Halo but better.
    • Multiplayer wise, no definitve word yet, but it will feature extensive co-op, and stuff like riding shotgun in the cars, which is a lovely change from most modern fps games.
    • It's launching 'when it's done' (unsurprisingly)

5. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

sorry, but Blue Dragon on 360 uses 3 DVDs

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Sounds and looks like a bloody good game to me. Hopefully it won't be too long before we see it on the shelves, so to speak.

7. Bl4ckM0onk3y

Bl4ckM0onk3y in luv 2.0

a must have ;] , as always OpenGL based engine ;] now days Carmack is the only person who codes his engine in OpenGL , i personally don't see why not he should do it , it's fast , can do the same things as Direct3D. It's going to be fun.

8. Colossous

Colossous Minimodder

This sure looks like a good one ! :thumb:

9. Hazardous

Hazardous What's a Dremel?

Given the games/package they've just released on it... they might make it available through Steam as well :idea:

10. will.

will. A motorbike of jealousy!

Steam would be nice.

Tags: