1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Development Idea for program for BiT-Tech users!

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeX, 17 Aug 2003.

1. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Yep Slammer I will but the final version isn't done yet ;)

Risky, I never subscribed to particular forums. I'm not sure how to implement that. Maybe if I'm looking for things to go into version 1.x ;)

2. Risky

Risky Modder

Sure. I might look into it myself in the meantime, though I'm sure I'll hit trouble soon enough.

3. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

The minimize to tray routine you used allways seems to create to icons in my tray. I have to move my mouse over the tray to get rid of the useless one. But that might just be my computer. Maybe you could check out a different routine?

4. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

When does it create the icons? The only place where the code to add icons to the tray is in the _Load routine which only activates once at the beginning when you start the program. I haven't had this happed on my computer or anyone elses...

5. Risky

Risky Modder

Unless it crashed or there was some other abnormal termination. Then the tray icon will hand around until you mouseover it. If you restart there will be two icons for a while. The same thing happens with mailwasher fwiw.

6. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Well I tested it again, and it was okay now....... Ill post another reply if it happens again and try to reproduce it.

Another thing. When I minimize the application it minimizes above my the start bar not in it. Is this correct behaviour or does it still need some work? Anyway keep it up guys looking very nice!

7. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Hwulex has already mentioned this. :)
    That has been one of the many changes I've made since version 0.9. Not much left to do now before 1.0 is complete :)

8. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

9. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Congrads m8! Like the design.

10. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Well this runs fine at work... brilliant!!!

11. djengiz

djengiz Pointless.

Hi Dex,

Found a programm on the internet that is a lot like yours!!

Check it out

vbelite

12. sheardjr

sheardjr Minimodder

Last edited: 23 Apr 2016
  13. Atomic

Atomic Gerwaff

Doubt it...

14. DarkReaper

DarkReaper Alignment: Sarcastic Good

Subscribed

15. Risky

Risky Modder

Well I guess it comes down to someone volunteering to rework the HTML parsing routine for thje new format. Perfectly possible but it migh tjust take you a little time.

16. DeX

DeX Mube Codder

Well the source has been released so there's no reason it couldn't be remade. I don't have time to do it now especially since I don't have the net at home anymore which would make it nearly impossible to test.

That elite vb thing looks interesting. It's not exactly the same as bit subscriber and I think it only works for www.visualbasicforum.com. Anyway it doesn't work with vb3 either.

So it looks like someone's gunna have to volenteer to rewrite the prog to get it to work again :(.

17. Risky

Risky Modder

I will have a go if noone gets there first, but the machine that is going to get the vb install needs a rebuild first and that's down the queue atm so any volunteers will be able to find the a link to the source in this thread I'm guessing the main work is in the parsing of http://vb3.forums.bit-tech.net/subscription.php?do=viewsubscription

Vb3 has added a feature that you can be subscribed to a thread and select daily, weekly or no email notification instead of instant. This would work great with the app as you wouldn't recieve a pile of subscription mails to filter out.

AKAIK its VB6, but you need something better than the cut-down "learning edition" that I have as that was missing a key control.