1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News IDF: Day three coverage

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 9 Mar 2006.

1. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

I'll upgrade when I can afford a 23" flat panel to replace my 23" tube and not a moment before! As long as my 23 continues to chug out electrons, I just can't justify paying a bunch of money for a smaller flat panel monitor. If someone wanted to give me a Dell or Apple 30", fine, but it's not worth it for me to shell out for one.

And I agree, VGA hasn't met it's limits yet, especially for mainsteam users.

2. JADS

JADS Et arma et verba vulnerant

Well VGA is no good for LCDs, you certainly don't want to do a DAC then an ADC conversion for the sake of picture quality ;) It is somewhat difficult to buy a CRT these days, DABS only has 3 in stock, and even those will be discontinued soon. I much prefer an LCD for daily usage as the picture is so much sharper than a CRT, I certainly suffer from less eyestrain on my home machine these days.

DVI is non-standardised, resolution limited piece of junk. If I want my 3840x2400 30" panel driven from one connection I'll have to hold out for UDI :)

Tags: Add Tags