1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

IE8 stops responding for 15-20 seconds after opening a bit-tech news article

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by eddman, 27 Jul 2009.

1. eddman

eddman What's a Dremel?

When I open a bit-tech news article internet explorer stops responding for 15-20 seconds, then it loads the page. This problem happens for a few certain pages and bit-tech news is one of them.
    I haven't had this issue till yesterday. It happens with tom's hardware too. Could it be a connection problem? It does not happen with opera.
    I should mention that I've tried every known solution but none of them have worked. Cleaning history, cookies and temporary files. Reseting IE. Launching IE with no add-ons. None worked.

2. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

If it doesn't do it with another browser, then it's not likely to be your internet connection. I stopped using IE ages ago because it seemed bloaty.

Every browser issue I ever had was resolved when I got rid of IE and started using Firefox.

Welcome to Bit Tech :)

3. eddman

eddman What's a Dremel?

but the odd thing is that when I log in with the "Safe Mode with Networking", internet explorer works fine. It's very strange. Any thoughts?

4. Pookeyhead

Pookeyhead It's big, and it's clever.

Ahh... now that's different. I bet you have some sort of virus, or trojan running in normal mode, but running in safe mode that particular process is not starting up.

Have you done a scan with a decent virus checker and anti-spyware program?

Mods: This needs to be moved to Software I think.

Last edited: 29 Jul 2009