1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Portable I'm in need for a good AVI - MP4 converter

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Mother-Goose, 21 Aug 2008.

1. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I'm after recommendations for a good piece of software to convert avi's to mp4's for my SE W960i mobile. The software sony bundles only seems to be able to convert certain avi files that I have, not sure why, maybe it's the way they are encoded? Highly frustrating as you can imagine, so I'm after a stand alone application to do it.

The problem is, there seems to be thousands, so I was wondering if anyone on here has a favourite app for doing this? Doesn't have to be free, obviously that would be nice but I appreciate that most of these applications aren't.

TIA

2. wolfticket

wolfticket Downwind from the bloodhounds

SUPER

The website is horrible and the UI is a bit dodgy, but it is incredibly powerful. It'll covert pretty much anything into anything else, and it's free :)

BTW, I spent ages trying to get files to play on my SE Phone (K750i/k770i) with no luck, until I switched off b-frames in the options for mp4 encoding.

Last edited: 21 Aug 2008
  3. Mother-Goose

Cheers dude, I'll give this a go tonight, I'll try with the frames first, and then withough if it doens't work :)

4. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

If it doesn't work for you, try Magic Video Converter. It converts from any file type to... any file type. IMO a must have on your PC.

5. Mother-Goose

For $20 that doesn't look bad at all, if the free one doesn't work, there is a good chance I'll get that.

6. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

try "kvip" it's a very simple converter that doesn't need any configuration, only converts to x264 encoded iphone sized MP4.

7. modgodtanvir

modgodtanvir Prepare - for Mortal Bumbat!

Magic Video Converter is pretty awesome... a friend of mine claims he got it off TPB, but for that price you might as well buy it and support their cause...

I also have PSP Video 9 which is a pretty awesome bit of free software which converts to MP4 :thumb:

8. Mother-Goose

Apparently my phone won't play that, damn UIQ3!

I've put DivX mobile on there as well, so will try playing raw AVI's as well tonight.

Tags: