1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blogs In defence of high chaos

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Dogbert666, 25 Nov 2016.

1. Dogbert666

Dogbert666 *Fewer Staff Administrator

2. Hustler

Hustler Well-Known Member

Playing games in 'Stealth mode' bores me to tears TBH, it's just too much trial & error repeating yourself.

Just started Deus Ex Mankind Divided and within 10 minutes of starting my MDK total was already well into double figures :)

If you're going to do games stealthily then do it on a second play through, not the first.

3. goldstar0011

goldstar0011 Well-Known Member

I've never been able to play stealth, I don't have the patience, Assassins Creed was a test! I usually had to go on a killing spree after a while.

Although, I'm due to play Alien Isolation, I love the franchise so this might be worth the stealth needed

4. Omnislip

Omnislip Member

Stealth can be wonderful and full of tension (VR will work particularly well with these games) but it's madness in this game - you have to deliberately avoid most of the game's designed features if you commit fully to this path!

5. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

I am playing Deus Ex in stealth mode and it is massively more enjoyable.
    I play Doom if I want to blam things in the face.

6. SuperHans123

SuperHans123 Well-Known Member

You HAVE to play by stealth otherwise you will get munched by the alien...a lot.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

I don't think I've actually completed a high chaos run in Dishonored. I seem to get about the same distance in each time since my second run through and lose interest.

8. GravitySmacked

GravitySmacked Mostly Harmless

I'm not a big stealth player, quite the opposite in fact, but Dishonored (and Deus Ex) are so much fun playing stealthily. I love sitting above unsuspecting guards and silently plotting my next move :) It just seems wrong to go in runing and gunning.

9. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

I've tried on several occasions to play a stealth run of Dishonored. I always drop the ball at a random point, and lose the will to carry on. I think the last time I made it to the bridge section before I cocked up and stopped.

10. Speed

Speed I'm all you need!

I always play games like this with at least two runs going to the extremes of each. First time usually go in and kill everything, have fun, second run I do a no kill stealth run. Keeps things interesting.

11. matt...

matt... Slacker

Who says high chaos and stealth cant work hand in hand - I loved finding fun ways to kill rooms of people and have their corpses turn to ash in the original game with Shadow Kill II

12. XXAOSICXX

XXAOSICXX Member

Exactly this. Everybody dead, with no alarms raised. My play-style :)

13. cjmUK

cjmUK Old git.

I'm a natural stealther, but one blessed with little patience. Consequently, I sneak by default, but throw in the odd bloodbath along the way when I need to.

Don't have Dis2 yet, but when I do, I'll revert to type. I'll sneak where I can, but I won't get caught up repeating the same section 47 times looking for perfection.

Consequently, I benefit greatly from NPCs lack of longer-term memory. Sure they'll be on alert fro a minute or two after a major dust-up, but they'll soon forget when I fade back into the shadows.

Tags: Add Tags