1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware In Win Ironclad review

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Claave, 11 Nov 2010.

1. SMIFFYDUDE

SMIFFYDUDE Supermodders on my D

About the cables, if this is how the case is, then that is how it should be pictured and reviewed. Why do ppl want to be decieved?

2. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

lol cases do not tidy cables magically for you. It's something you have to do yourself when building a PC. A few minutes of work and those cables could look a million times better.

Sure, it would never be perfect given the poor case design, but they didn't even try to make it more pleasing to the eye.

3. Phoenixlight

Phoenixlight What's a Dremel?

4. docodine

docodine killed a guy once

US price should be in dollars

5. BRAWL

BRAWL Dead and buried.

In the words of Lord Megatron... "Disssgustting"

6. stoff3r

stoff3r What's a Dremel?

7. woody_294

woody_294 Wizard Ninja :P

Bleeeeeeeeeeuuuuuuuuurgh.

That is all.

8. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

No its called doing a half ass job... maybe your to young, I dont know but Im not that old either but I remember when cases had ZERO cable management and you know what we had this wonderful technology called Zip Ties and even cable wrap and well we did our own cable management ourselves... this case could easily have cables cleaned up and routed out of the way... that right their is just a joke.

Harsh yes... but really was called for, I mean that is such a sorry job right there and it really doesnt take much to clean wires up.

9. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

True, that was my point too, but let's not forget it's just a quick review before they move all the parts in to the next case for the next review.

10. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Does the case come with zip ties or cable wrap? No. So it's not used. The review is of the In Win Ironclad, fresh out of the box with nothing but test equipment added. All other cases are tested in this matter, except they typically have holes so cables can be routed during normal construction. If you want a "How to Route Cables for our In Win Ironclad" guide then perhaps one of the fine gentlemen in Bit's office will oblige you, but don't press your luck.

11. mrbens

mrbens What's a Dremel?

I think the problem most people are having is with the ridiculous picture used saying "lack of cable routeing" when no effort at all was made to tidy the cables up.

12. Kris

Kris Lord Lolwut

Yes indeed. case looks ugly and it's only saving grace seems to be it's cooling performance once all the vent slots are filled.

Bit-tech, would it bother you much to test cases in the future with both stock settings and max cooling outfitted that the case allows out-of-the-box? I'm pretty sure many people are interested in finding out how a case is actually able to perform, once you use those 'expansion slots' for ventilators.

Also, posting a picture of how someone who built together their first pc with no outside help seems kind of a long shot, not to say lame. Every enthusiast i can think of, would use the maximum amount of cable management possible, starting with the case options and ending with cable ties. Also, while planning ahead the actual build. not just stuffing all components in the PC and then looking at all the PSU cables that need to somehow reach the rest of the PC.

13. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Great more cases designed for 12 year olds

14. HourBeforeDawn

HourBeforeDawn a.k.a KazeModz

Even still I could manage cables with out cable ties far better and even to a point where most would still be hidden even with out cable ties or holes for routing then what was shown they didnt even attempt it to simply tidy cables in a manner that uses empty space to tuck the cables away. Also I dont know about you but the time between case reviews is fairly large so you cant say they dont have time to do a proper job.

15. EnumaEnlish

EnumaEnlish Modder

Gentlemen - This case no doubt is not the best but not the worst out there - The price was right for me - I picked up this full tower case for $68.00 US dollars.

I will say that InWin must not have been thinking about cable management - but any way - I'm taken a dremel to this case and making my own cable managment -

I have also worked out the specs for internal watercooling - I'll post pics guys -

Tags: Add Tags