1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Innovatek watercooling are they good?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jase4772, 2 Dec 2004.

1. jase4772

jase4772 What's a Dremel?

Hi,

I was looking at a review of watercooling in Custom Pc and the Asetek Waterchill came out as being my prefered choice. However a trip to my local computer shop (www.dcs.uk.com in Doncaster) presented me with another option, Innovatek. With Custom Pc not including this in its review I'm not sure if their product is on par with the Waterchill or better or worse.

Who's used which on here and how did they rate the cooling, I'll be using it with a XP2500+ and hoping for some nice overclocking.

Ta very much thank you kindly.

2. FuzzyOne

FuzzyOne

I have the WaterChill KT12A-L30 Antarctica CPU Extreme Cooling Kit - Dual 120mm Radiator/Fan, along with a innovatek graph-o-matic block on my 9800pro, Excellent system and you get everything you need so no fussing with barb sizes tubing etc etc, currently sitting @ 35 on my 3000+ @ 2.5ghz just to give you an idea of how frosty this kit is.

My only gripe is if you tight for space fitting the res can be a pain but apart from that its cut and plug and fill :thumb:

3. kaotic504

kaotic504 What's a Dremel?

innovatek has a lot of good looking components. i really like their reservoirs. as far as performance goes, i think it's higher than good, but not "great"

4. jase4772

jase4772 What's a Dremel?

Just seen the WMD case and noticed Gnome is using the Innovatek stuff on that so it must be good :)

5. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

moved to extreme cooling so the right audience is looking at it.

6. modsquad

modsquad Grease Monkey Undergraduate..

I like everything innovatek makes with the exception of there CPU blocks. The block itself (the XX Flow, there flagship model) is nice.
    [​IMG]
    But the mount for AMD A64 (I can't speak for the rest) is cheap plastic with only a small lever for retention. I purchased one and sent it back. You can do better with an Aqua-Computer or AlphaCool CPU block.

7. Franklin

Franklin Minimodder

You say just what I thought modsquad. I use a lot of the Innovatek products but the Innovatek CPUblocks don't seem to keep up with the high level of their other stuff. But maybe the blocks perform well, I dont know. But looks are important too.

8. Sclodion

Sclodion What's a Dremel?

I think the Innovtek XXS is actually a rather good block, but I do agree with MS, the retainer provided by Innovtek looks a bit lacking, although saying that, its what i'm using right now and it works so I cant really fault it.

Am looking at possibly making a brace for the block that will put a bit more downwards pressure on the CPU at the moment (a la the Danger Den Maze 4 retainer), but I really dont think it will make any difference to my temps.

Tags: