1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Installation and Uninstallation Software?

Discussion in 'Software' started by sinizterguy, 2 Jan 2007.

1. sinizterguy

sinizterguy Dark & Sinizter

Is there any software available which can be used to monitor installation and unistallation of software?

Basically something that monitors installation of programs and then when the time to unistall comes, removes everything associated with it - no registry entries, folders, crap left behind.

There were some I saw about 4-5 years back, meant for WinME I think ... Havent seen any around recently ...

Default installers and unistallers that come with the programs usually do a decent job, but when you have a PC that you want to try out different programs on but want to maintain it properly without getting it clogged up it difficult.

2. simon w

simon w What's a Dremel?

Back in the days of Windows 98, I used something called Ashampoo Uninstaller. Worked great for me then

3. sinizterguy

That was the one I used too ... And they have a version now for Win2k and WinXP. I think I will give it a go and see how it all works out.

4. sinizterguy

Found the ideal solution for this problem - Software Virtualization Solution (SVS) 2.0 ...

Tags: