1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Intel Celeron With Tualin Core

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sim0n, 20 Feb 2002.

1. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Has anybody tried one of these processor, if so ;

what types of temps do you get,
    have you found a way to unlock it,
    is it as good as reviewers say.

2. herbs

herbs Nobody but us chickens

I haven't tried one of these, but I doubt if you can unlock them due to all the celerons being locked (the really early ones with no cache weren't locked I think), but you should be able to adjust the front side bus if your motherboard allows it.

3. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

from what i have read from www.overclockers.com there is a "VID pin mod" that will unlock the FSB and change it from 100 to 133. other than that it is locked up well

Celeron 1.2 = 12x100 | 12x133 = 1600Mhz
    Celeron 1.3 = 13x100 | 13x133 = 1730Mhz

Of course you can still up the fsb slighty

13x138 = 1800Mhz, hmmm well it would certainly be fast

If anyone can actually tell me what the VID pin mod is, and would be happy to try it.

4. herbs

If I'm correct (I'm not that often) the motherboard will take care of the VID issue if the motherboard allow for change to the fsb speed.
    The old P2's had a similar thing to detect whether it was running at 66/100 mhz fsb, Im guessing as the celeron has the same core as the new pIII's this pin detects whether it runs @ 100/133mhz.
    Visit Toms hardware site to get a review of this cpu against a duron running at a similar spec to see the +/- points.

5. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

no THG is where i heard about the VID PIN mod.

the idea is you have to short one of the VID pins to a ground pin, that tricks the motherboard into thinking its a 133 FSB.

other wise the mobo just wount boot, i remember having a older Celeron, that wouldnt even boot if you told it to be a 105 FSB.

I h8 intel, but its a better challenge than just penciling some bridges on a AMD.

i love a good challege.

i think the pins you need to joinare VID0 and VID1, if any one know the pins TEL ME

6. herbs

Ok from what I have read it is a voltage mod not a mod to unlock FSB. Now if your motherboard allows fsb increments between 100 to 133 you should be able to run with this spec without the voltage mod, although this would mean your pci/agp bus is out of spec. Obviously there are limitations on this.
    The voltage mod increases the chances of reaching 133mhz, it is not a good idea to raise the voltage too much without some good cooling.

http://www.hexus.net/review.php?review=278 althouth for a PIV the principle is the same for the celeron but with different pins i suppose.

7. Sim0n

Sim0n rm -rf /

Hmmm thanks you have been most helpful