1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CPU Intel Core i5 750

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Thermal5, 12 Sep 2009.

1. Thermal5

Thermal5 R.I.P

2. lxrysprtmscl

lxrysprtmscl Minimodder

try here.
    bit-tech's Intel Core i5 and i7 Lynnfield review.

or to jump right to your answer.

try here.
    Is Hyper-Threading worth it?.

hope that helps.

lxrysprtmscl.

3. simonw

simonw What's a Dremel?

From the benchmarks I've seen, there are certain apps that do benefit from HT, but I don't see it as a con personally. The i5-750 is already pretty quick. Put it this way, I myself would not pay the extra £65 or so to go one step up to a i7-860 just to get HT.

4. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

it's a perfect gamer's CPU, it replaces E8400.

whether it's a con, it's all about what you do with your computer, whether you do a lot of encoding or simply game.

i personally like the idea of hyperthreading, so i wish i had gotten the i7 860.

5. Aracos

Aracos What's a Dremel?

it might benefit games in the future, RE5 supports as many cores as you want by using n-1 (n being the number of cores) cores so a triple core would leave one core for the OS, quad would use 3 cores and hyperthreading would use all 4 cores because it would be fooled into think there was 8 cores so it would use 4 physical and 3 logical cores. xbitlabs got a 50FPS increase on medium quality settings just by overclocking their i7 :O

Personally for me it would come down to what money you want to spend. got an extra £60? Get the i7860, rather spend it on a GPU or more ram? Get the i5750