1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel in talks with potential Larrabee partners

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 9 Apr 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. sotu1

sotu1 Ex-Modder

slightly off topic, but if intel enters the graphics market doesn't that mean there's yet another chipset driver that game developers have to accuont for? i remember nvidia saying they had too many drivers to make as is (their fault for spamming the market i guess) so i imagine there's even more work for the dev teams.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

yup, different driver and intel says larrabee will be very different from what amd and nvidia produce... so compability and what game takes advantage of what hardware remains to be seen.

Last edited: 9 Apr 2008
  4. TreeDude

TreeDude What's a Dremel?

A gaming rig with an Intel graphics card seems so wrong. But I suppose the more competition the better. I just hope AMD pulls through, they are not doing too well.

5. MrMonroe

MrMonroe What's a Dremel?

And years ago a computer with an Intel CPU and non-Intel RAM was unheard of.

Bottom line: More competition means more choice means lower prices means more realistic games for more users, just so long as Intel doesn't manage to shove nVidia or ATI out of the market completely. I can say this: as Intel starts working on discrete cards, nVidia better start making damn sure their Intel CPU-compatible chipsets are up to scratch.

6. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

It only means more choice if AMD doesn't get pushed out of the market.

Tags: Add Tags