1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Intel makes a grab for Cray interconnect tech

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by brumgrunt, 25 Apr 2012.

1. brumgrunt

brumgrunt What's a Dremel?

2. schmidtbag

schmidtbag What's a Dremel?

so i'm aware hypertransport is an amd trademark, but does intel seriously still use uni-directional FSBs? if not, how hard could it possibly be for cray to support intel's multi-directional FSBs?

3. Gradius

Gradius IT Consultant

Probably none. Why would they sell something 10 years into future if everyone is "happy" with the inverse? AND they are making A LOT OF MONEY no doubt it!

4. Adnoctum

Adnoctum Kill_All_Humans

HyperTransport in name or technology does NOT belong to AMD. It is in fact an openly-licenced technology that is royalty free, and Intel can become a member if they want, or they could just licence the technology. YOU can become a member, use HyperTransport in your product and even influence the development path.

The fact that Intel likes to re-invent the wheel than use the same technology as AMD says a lot about Intel. I feel like a massive belly laugh every time I think about IA-64 (Intel's processing flagship, the RMS Itanic) and EM64T...sorry I meant Intel64 (because if it is branded "Intel", it must be better!).

Tags: Add Tags