Playstation 3 Interesting thing said in this video.

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Neogumbercules, 12 Dec 2005.

1. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

http://files.filefront.com/MGS4_PS3_Devkit_Demo_Eng_subs/;4440530;;/fileinfo.html

This isn't a "real-time or not?" thread, as I think it's pretty obvious that it is real-time. What I found to be interesting in this video though is one of the guys talking, Kojima maybe, saying that Snake's moustache has more polygons then the entire model for an enemy soldier in MGS3. I thought that was pretty impressive.

I also liked their original text on the eye patch "Hello Mr. Turtle." :hehe:

2. Orca

Orca What's a Dremel?

"This file is currently unavailable while we perform server maintenance."

Got another link to the file? Sounds interesting :)

3. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Well, I would hope they've upped the amount of polygons. The GC version of Resi 4 has more polygons just in Leons character than a PS2 can do on the entire screen.

But just because it is possible to have such a high detail model, do you really think they will bother. The more detail the longer it will take to make the game and the more expensive it will be.

4. JinkzUK

JinkzUK What's a Dremel?

It wont be more expensive or take longer, they dont cater for each polygon wondering what size it should be, and the colour etc. More detail just means more detail!

5. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

...and more indulgent cut scenes? God, I hope not. I loved MGS on the Ps1, but got so bored of the cuts in MGS2 I never bothered to finish it. I say put those graphics to good use and make it more action and less chat.

6. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

The more polys the merrier IMHO

7. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

FileFront still dead. Google finds this:

Joystiq

Apparently, the video with the pausing and moving of the camera is no longer online, but you can view the trailer-style ingame video from Kojima's website. here

8. Neogumbercules

Neogumbercules What's a Dremel?

If you check out 1up.coms metal gear blowout you can find somewhere in there on the MGS4 section where kojima talked about how he wants the player to play out the cutscenes while they are happening to put you in the action. Sounds like it could be a great idea.

9. mookboy

mookboy BRAAAAAAP

Hmmm could be pretty interesting. Aslong as it's not a case of choosing replies to a set question. Maybe stuff like intimidating people by grabbing them round the throat?

TBH I'd rather just see shorter cuts with less babble on the bloody radio he carries.

10. thecrownles

thecrownles What's a Relix?

I may be wrong, but won't that not be a cutscene anymore if you are playing it? I believe it would become just another scripted sequence like those used for transitions in HL2.

11. riggs

riggs ^_^

Exactly.

"...playing out the cutscene whilst it's happening" is a fancy way of saying 'in-game scripted sequence', which has been used since Half-Life (correct me if I'm wrong).