1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cooling Internal or external resevoir?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by JY_OC_HX, 14 Feb 2011.

1. JY_OC_HX

JY_OC_HX Minimodder

Have tried to find a thread where someone else has asked this but not having much luck.

I'm thinking of moving over to w/c and have a quick question.

Q: Does externally mounting the resevoir in a w/c case have any noticable effects on cooling. I only ask because the room where my computer is, is nice and cool and has good air flow. As opposed to inside the case where the temperature is warmer. Or are the benefits negligable?

A simple yes it does have positive effect or no there is no noticable difference will suffice. But if you want to go into more detail please feel free.

2. Big Elf

Big Elf Oh no! Not another f----ing elf!

No noticeable difference.

JY_OC_HX likes this.
  3. JY_OC_HX

JY_OC_HX Minimodder

Thanks big elf!

4. Blarte

Blarte Moderate Modder

If you use a passive res - Alloy one with fins etc .. It has some heat dispersion qualities, its also easier to fill .. no additional fill hole needs to be drilled in to the case, and like wise easier to drain .. pull the tube off .. again no additional hole need be made.
    Internal Res... not easily knocked or damaged.. looks neater, extra work required to fill / drain ..

So its all about aesthetics really ..