1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

International balance transfers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Khensu, 8 Jan 2008.

1. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

All UK people will undoubtedly be aware of the "0% balance transfer" ads all over the "newspapers" (especially the type with topless girls in it).

I've got credit card debt in Belgium (which I ran up living in the UK), which I'd love to transfer to one of those things. Unfortunately, I've just been informed by Mint that that would be impossible.
    He did tell me that they are run by the Royal Bank of Scotland, which also do Tesco Personal Finance, which handles euro-based accounts and to which I would be able to transfer my balance (well, debt). I haven't checked it out yet (will do soon) as I'd like to get some personal stories as well before I commit to anything.

So, is there anyone who has ever transferred credit card or other debt internationally (EU/EEA)? Or, are there any companies/banks you can think of who may be able to offer me this? I don't necessarily need a "0% interest until [date]" deal, a "low interest until [date] and then we start ripping you off" would be swell as well.

The debt is about £1700-2000, and with a no-interest or low-interest deal I would be able to pay this off comfortably within, I think, nine months.

Thanks in advance :blush: