News Internet blamed over Japan school killing

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by GreatOldOne, 3 Jun 2004.

1. GreatOldOne

GreatOldOne Wannabe Martian

Once it Drink, then Drugs and then TV. Then it was Heavy Metal & Rock, Followed by Video Games. Now violence in society is being blamed on the Internet, or at least in Japan it is. This from Reuters:

TOKYO (Reuters) - Japanese media have turned to the Internet as a culprit in the shocking killing of a 12-year-old girl by her classmate this week, as trouble over messages posted on a Web site emerged as a possible motive.

The 11-year-old girl who killed Satomi Mitarai by slashing her throat at their primary school in southern Japan on Tuesday told police she killed her friend because she was angry about a message posted on a Web site, newspapers said.

Media reports on Thursday said both girls had their own Web sites and took part in online chatrooms, the use of which is proliferating in Japan even among primary school students.

More here

2. Sky Hacker

Sky Hacker What's a Dremel?

That's like blaming a murder on a peice of paper, simply for carrying a messege.

retarted, god i hate news companies.

3. acrimonious

acrimonious Custom User Title:

The internet is created by people, managed by people, used by people. I put it to you, the shocking revalation, that actions people who use the internet perform are infact as a result of other people. :duh:

4. Ubermich

Ubermich He did it!

**** society.

Edit: I guess I'll add on that...
    I'm so SICK of people trying to pawn the consequenses of their actions on other things. Guess what dumbass, it's YOUR fault. No one else's.
    The sooner the media learns how to report FACTS without their own propaganda bull****, the better.

5. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

You also must realize Japan Carries the highest rate of child suicide in the world. there's enormous pressure and emotional stress put on those kids. I think the whole internet thing is really just a side note and doesn't really matter. the moral of the storie is: blogs kill!

6. nohope4me

nohope4me What's a Dremel?

As a wise man (or woman, fogotten who) once said:

"Saying that guns kill people is like saying that pencils mis-spell words."

People have to stop using inanimate objects as scapegoats for the decisions made by animate and cognitive human beings.

Tags: Add Tags