1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding InTouch LCD ??

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Yoda, 25 Feb 2003.

1. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

Has anyone ever used the LCD display from a Toshiba Intouch Module???

It has a couple of chips:
    1) OKI M5260
    2) Toshiba T6963C

and some others. It uses a USB interface. Just wondering if anyone knows how to drive these things.

2. NiHiLiST

NiHiLiST New-born car whore

T6963C is a very common graphical LCD driver chip. There's software around to use those displays such as PowerLCD. There should be one that's ok to use USB.

3. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info.
    I will let you KNow if it works.:clap: :cooldude:

4. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

liquid mp3 is a winamp plugin and works with t693c chipset, and im pretty sure its got some sort of usb support.

Hazza

ps. id reccomend powerlcd , its what i use:) version 2.0 looks to be an improvement over the first one too.

5. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

Having trouble getting Power LCD to work.
    It does not seem to communicate with the LCD at all.
    I will post some picks of the LCD setup so you guys can give me suggestions on it.

6. fathazza

fathazza Freed on Probation

im not sure that powerlcd v1.0 supports usb...

you might wanna check out the powerlcd forum

http://forum.powerlcd.com

prob gonna get more help from there

7. NiHiLiST

Yeah, I'd be thinking that it's 99% certain to be because it's USB. Most displays are serial/parallel. Liquid-MP3 has support for a USB->Serial converter that the author of the software designed himself, but it may well be worth a try anyway.

8. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

PowerLCD does not (yet) support USB. Sorry... :sigh:

LiquidMP3 does have an extra download for USB support (Parallel --> USB, not Serial --> USB), but I think that this works with its own interface solution only.

9. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

Ok i have taken a good look at this thing ince again. It appears to be two boards. The top one with the LCD has the LCD the LCD control chips and an 18 pin connector on it. The 18 pin connector connects to an 18 pin reciever on the backl card which contains various other parts and the USB connector. When you plug it in it auto-detects as an InTouch module. I am wondering if that 18 pin connector is a standard piece or if you have to use the back board at all...

Any ideas. This is new territory for me personally. I am also working on an audio amp with a window and stuff to use with my computer. I will post some picks of it when it is done if you like.

10. NiHiLiST

It could be that the 18 pins are parallel pins. There's usually not 18, but it's close to that number, and it may require a couple of different voltages (one for LC, one for backlight) or something pushing the number of pins up, but I couldn't be certain.

11. Henri

Henri What's a Dremel?

It can be used without the USB board. Have a look at this thread. Discussion about the Intouch begins on the first page.

I know that module has been used with LCDInfo as the 256x40 8x8 font support has been made for it. Also here is a picture of it running LCDInfo: http://www.skippari.net/lcd/lcdinfo_user_pic.html

12. Yoda

Yoda What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info Henri. I should have this done soon. Will post some pics then.