1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education iOS 7 Beta

Discussion in 'General' started by M_D_K, 14 Jun 2013.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Minimodder

I thought about which section to put this in so if I'm wrong as I was after a general discussion rather then software but move if applicable.

Who else has installed it and what do you all think?

Things I like so far
    -No more news stand, the one app that I never used but couldn't hide in a folder or delete has now disappeared(into a folder :p)
    -Swipe back rather then clicking on a button.
    -Unlock home screen from any location, I would still like other ways of unlocking your phone I loved the pattern password from Android if they could bring something like that over that would be cool.
    -Command center again another Android/jailbreak feature but extremely handy.
    -Disolve when you exit an app to the desktop its quite a nice addition just makes things a little more fluid.
    -The new Double tap home thing which shows you the apps you have open and can now close just by swiping up that is nice.
    -Notifications has a few more functions now and is slightly translucent much like the command center, you can't see a little bit of your background which is a nice touch.

Things I don't like
    -exiting an app that you've opened from a folder is still an annoying feature as the folder remains open when you've exited.
    -I'm trying to get used to the new photo organization but I'm still in the not really liking it sense its too much of a pain call me old fashioned but I did like just having them in order of how I took them.
    -Its very bright now, everything is white or bright for me being light sensitive and having crap general vision I like white on black rather then black on white just makes my eyes hurt.

[​IMG]

So who else has taken the plunge and what do you think ?

Morgan.

2. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

Can you elaborate on this?

Biggest problem I have with LongPhone 5 is that it's too long. Held in my right hand, my thumb can't reach the top left back button. Unfortunately back button is is used very often by almost all apps, so I've bought a 4S instead.

3. notmeagain

notmeagain Minimodder

No Newsstand?

It's sitting right on my springboard bold as brass me ol' mucker! (but have now moved it to a folder, you had me exicted for a minute there)

Things I like so far
    Parallax effect, it's awesome and is so "expected" that you have to look out for it.
    Very snappy OS, transitions are spot on and don't take too long.
    Unlock home screen, the Swipe bar was hard to hit on the move.
    Command center, removed the one requirement for jailbreaking i had.
    The unlock "App Tumble" transition, looks damned pro.
    LED Flash on notification - useful in my dark office with device on silent.
    Multitasking peek + swipe to close - bang on.
    The new Skinny Helvetica font, it's my all time fave typeface on any mobile device.

Things I don't like
    exiting an app that you've opened from a folder is still an annoying feature as the folder remains open when you've exited. - Copy paste!
    Its very bright, no "darker" theme available.

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

Sigh, I want the Beta :(

5. M_D_K

M_D_K Minimodder

you can just swipe back rather then having to reach into the top left as you say thumb isn't long enough so just swipe anywhere on the screen to go back is very handy :).

I thought I had deleted the damned stand but nope it go pushed into a folder lol why oh why do you have to have that stupid app that isn't used.

It is defo a much smoother experience I wouldn't call it new OS mind just a big update it is noticeably slower at the moment from unlocking to icons loading not sure if this is due to the amount of apps i have open or just the beta.

6. fuus

fuus Rocking All Year Christmas

It's getting hot in here. That CPU heat.