1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Apple Ipod nano+videoplayback?

Discussion in 'Software' started by PA!N, 14 Jan 2007.

1. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

So I bought myself a nano and I really love it, but I thought it would kick a** if it could play some videos. I googled it but that wasn't very helpfull at all.
    So I ask here, is it possible? A friend of mine hat an idea about taking parts of the 30gig firmware and ad it to the nano's in order to give it that desired video playback funktion?

2. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

the nano dosent have the relevant video chip needed for playback, even with the firmware you wouldnt have the relevant hardware for it to work properly. tho the nano can run a small ipod sized version of Linux and play Doom.

3. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Well, iPodLinux can let you play videos IIRC (in fact, I'm sure it could at some point, as I've seen a video of it working), but aside from the fact that you're trying to watch video on 1" screen that's about 128x96px resolution, it'll suck down battery life extremely fast since it doesn't have a proper video decoder chip.

Tags: