1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by damien c, 3 Apr 2020.

1. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Which board are you running?

2. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/asu...al-m2-2-way-crossfire-realtek-gbe-usb-32-gen2

I wanted money for other things. Like a mental GPU, very fast ram and a nice case. Like I say, with X570 so long as you don't pick a turkey it's more about extra features. Obviously higher end boards will have more lanes on the PCH and stuff, but I am running a 1tb NVME X4, a 256gb NVME X4 and a 1tb M.2 SATA and sound card and everything has enough lanes. The CPU has 20 (16 for the GPU and X4 for PCIE gen 4 SSD IIRC) and then the board has 16 on the PCH.

Asus started out as champs on Ryzen. The Crosshair and B350 Strix were untouchable. However, Gigabyte massively upped their game on B450 and above, and MSI have caught up too. They also made some real stinky early boards. I think most of them have realised now that any sort of X570 board should be able to run all Ryzen chips, not just cheap crap ones.

But yeah, this isn't going to be my only rig, so tons of USB and drives wasn't needed. It's just a gaming and etc rig.

3. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

That's the thing I only need to connect a USB hub for my Keyboard and Mouse, my X56 Hotas and the one that connects to my monitor and that is it for USB other than occasionally my phone.

I only have the 1Tb WD Black NVME SSD in the machine as well, so no other hard drives or SSD's as everything is stored on the server or my 2nd machine and I just pull it or install it over the network.

I think I will just go for the Unify and if the NIC has issues I will put my Intel NIC card that I have on shelf in it.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  4. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

Not used a Taichi myself, but got a friend who's used one for various records etc and I think he's a fan :D

Definitely no need to worry about the vrm for ambient cooling with it methinks.

5. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well it was all ordered this morning, and now I just need to wait for it to be delivered.

Dates quoted are between Tomorrow and Wednesday next week :miffed: hopefully it will be this week before Friday as I am off work on Friday so I can build it, and get my dads machine sorted as well.

Got 6 of the EK Fans as I will be using them on my Deepcool Castle 360EX cooler, and then using my NH-D15 to cool my 2700x.

[​IMG]

6. Bloody_Pete

Bloody_Pete Technophile

I'm curious what those fans are like as they look like Gentle Typhoons!

7. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

They are basically the exact same fan from what I can tell.

I use them all radiators, and if I build a pc for people I always tell them to budget for them if they are putting an AIO or custom loop in there system.

I personally think they are better than the NF-F12's, but they make more noise hence why I have added a fan controller because currently the ones in my system are running full whack all the time.

Once I have it built I will obviously be posting some pictures, but I will report on the temps as well.

8. damien c

damien c Mad FPS Gamer

Well I got all the parts in yesterday and built it up, but it is making me want to get a Corsair 1000D or something similar and do a full custom loop for the CPU and GPU, but the issue with that would be RGB I don't like it but with these newer cases pc's just don't look right without it in them.

Anyway picture time, forgive the pictures though I am not a photographer and with limited experience using the Iphone camera etc etc (just making excuses :p)

The case is obviously the Corsair 750D and I stripped out the HDD cages as I don't need them.

The cable management may not be the best but it works for me and you cannot see any of the cables at the back from the front so I am happy with that.

Spec's are in Signature.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only thing that is annoying me at the moment is that, I cannot get in to the Bios if I have a HDMI plugged in to the GPU with the DP cable, I have to take out the HDMI.

Temp wise the CPU is hitting up to 70c when under full load but I need work on the voltage as it was pumping around 1.35v to 1.425v at 100%, so I really need to look at that at some point.

Bloody_Pete likes this.
  9. Vault-Tec

Vault-Tec Green Plastic Watering Can

Looks great man.